Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 30, 2014, 08:58:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I met another Nut today, looking for any advice  (Read 5126 times)
happycamperbrat

Ignore
« on: May 01, 2011, 01:39:36 PM »

After church today I noticed a 4106 parked at Walmart. I got talking to the guy and found out he is from Alaska and recently bought his bus in Yuma. He has been stuck for 11 days waiting on parts. His starter went out and now he is waiting on Napa to recieve some gaskets. He had to buy tools and is doing the work himself. Im going back to take him and his girlfriend some water. I told him about this group, but he wasnt familiar with it and says he has owned other buses as well. Anyway, just looking for some advice of what to take him and tell him....

The Little GTO is a 102" wide and 40' long 1983 GMC RTS II and my name is Teresa in case I forgot to sign my post
demodriver

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 01:58:57 PM »

Take him a lap top with internet so he can get on here lol.

I hope wally world will work with him on having his bus parked there.
happycamperbrat

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 02:05:16 PM »

LOL good idea about the laptop! The battery in mine doesnt work worth a darn and the whole laptop is always overheating and going to have to be replaced soon.... If he has AC power he could get online for about 2 minutes (if lucky)

The Little GTO is a 102" wide and 40' long 1983 GMC RTS II and my name is Teresa in case I forgot to sign my post
MikeH

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 03:23:33 PM »

Bring him a few back issues of BCM so he can see what he is missing. Make a copy of the subscription page so he can call in and order it for himself.

It sounds like he has the parts issues sort of covered, maybe if what he needs hasn't been paid for yet, he can find another BUS parts source and get on the road sooner. Do you have any of the tools he needs, or are there other nuts nearby that can help with some wrench turning?

Other than that, I'm sure meeting you has made his week. Teresa, "Happy Camper Bus-Nut Ambassador".  Wink

If I ever break down, I hope someone like you will find me.

Mike

"It just ain't fair! How come the good guys always win?" -Bad Jack Cutter
oldmansax
Tom & Phyllis

'82 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 04:12:35 PM »

the whole laptop is always overheating

Teresa, If your laptop hasn't been cleaned lately, it's a good chance that will solve  the overheating problem. You will need to remove the covers from the fans AND the CPU heat sink & clean them. I'm sorry I can't give more detailed advice but each laptop is different.

TOM

'82 BlueBird WanderLodge PT40 being rebuilt
Delaware

DON'T STEAL! The government hates competition!
happycamperbrat

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 05:16:03 PM »

I just got back from seeing them. He was having a few issues with his generator too, but got it running while I was there. Walmart and Staples have been helping him, Walmart store manager has spoken with him and is cool about them staying there while they are broke down. Staples charged their IPOD. They know all about this group and are going to be hooking up online in abit.

Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2011, 06:12:59 PM »

Teresa there is a guy down the road a little bit south of you that has many 2 stroke parts in stock if he ain't got'm he can get 'm!
He's down in Bakersfield, & I think you know him!
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2011, 06:18:59 PM »

Waiting for 11 days for parts?

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2011, 06:20:05 PM »

Waiting for 11 days for parts?

Don probably has them in stock!
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
happycamperbrat

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2011, 09:23:22 PM »

Well apparently he had a friend in Canada who sent him the starter for the price of shipping. So he already did have the starter, and he has now removed the old starter but needed new gaskets too so he ordered them from Napa and they are "supposed" to be in tomorrow... we will see.

Of course I would have sent him to Don, but Don is about 150-200 miles west from me...... Im really in the boonies, it was amazing this guy ended up here lol

But I told him as soon as he gets it up and running to come to my place and he can do a dump, refill his water tank and charge his batteries with my new hookups  Wink

Seayfam

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2011, 09:44:20 PM »

Teresa,
Did he say where in Alaska they are from? Or maybe a name? I'm just trying to get to know other bus nuts in Alaska. Maybe because fuel prices are so high right now, We can get Alaskan bus nuts together for an Alaska bus rally.  Smiley Wink Cool

Gary

Gary Seay (location Alaska)
1969 MCI MC-6 unit# 20006
8V92 turbo 740 auto
more pics and information here     "  www.my69mci-6.blogspot.com  "
happycamperbrat

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2011, 09:45:50 PM »

Yaeh, they are from Homer

Seayfam

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2011, 09:51:31 PM »

I also am from Homer Alaska, it's a small town of about 6,000. I'm supprised I haven't seen the bus. Do you know their name?

Gary

8V92 turbo 740 auto
happycamperbrat

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2011, 09:58:56 PM »

Ron and Christen. But they just bought the bus and were on their way home. They bought it in Yuma, Arizona. They flew down for part of the trip and drove a car for the other part.... Im surprised they havent gotten online yet.....

Seayfam

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2011, 10:08:39 PM »

That explains why I haven't seen the bus. Hopefully they get on board here and have a laptop or a data phone for the rest of the trip. It would be nice to be able to get help any time you need it. I'll have to look them up when they get back to Homer.

Gary

8V92 turbo 740 auto
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: