Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 20, 2014, 02:54:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, your Online mags will be safe.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WVO engine options  (Read 611 times)
JohnEd

Ignore
« on: May 01, 2011, 03:07:32 PM »

I know that the serious carbonizing-up problem with D is resolved by heating the oil to 180 prior to injection.  Waaaaayyyyy to many success stories out there for a serious argument on that being possible.  certainly won't get one from me.

However, comma, I recently read a statement from some sort of expert that said that running a smallish AUTO sized D on WVO was easier than any sort of large truck sized engine.  The comment went on to say that the big truck D s run a cooler combustion chamber....by design and therefore were less tolerant of alternative fuels.  I do not know if any of that is true.  I do know that the autos seem to be heating their fuels to the same temps as the bus guys.  Is there any truth to the suggestion that tghere is any intended diff in the combustion chamber temps?

I know that D s can have a wide range of compression ratios.  Cars to for that matter.  The turbo equipped can have CRs that are so low that the engine has trouble starting at any but sea level altitudes and that is done to allow more manifold pressure to get more air into the cylinders.  makes the engine look BIGGER.

Now, for the question:  If you were in the building phase of an engine overhaul and you intended to run WVO, should you use a CR at the top of the limits or lower it?

There are different "timing" settings for the 2 stroke.  Which would be better for the use of WVO.  HP and opt RPM seem to come out as issues.

I think any advice or discussion would be of use to many.

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
happycamperbrat

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 05:22:42 PM »

I havent heard this...... I run bio-diesel and have been thinking about playing with other alterntives.... maybe I should just stick to bio

The Little GTO is a 102" wide and 40' long 1983 GMC RTS II and my name is Teresa in case I forgot to sign my post
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: