Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 31, 2014, 04:37:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Model Bussin'  (Read 1371 times)
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« on: May 02, 2011, 08:07:41 AM »

Hi all! been spending some time at home lately taking a well deserved break after 2 solid years of getting all the systems in our bus up to snuff.
 I decided to try my hand at some Bus modeling, a worthy distraction in my case as I get bored rather quickly with the same ol' daily routine.
 In this case having had already built a small scale replica of our coach http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?topic=19271.15 , I wanted to do one slightly larger.
 Don smith who has helped me quite a bit by sending me some badly needed items for our bus, seemed a likely canidate (or victim Cheesy Grin) for the next version of my handy work. Here is that version, I hope it measures up! Wink I hope to do some of the other models in the future of the Gm's, flex's etc. I post a lot of pix on this and other boards, but have never done a slide show, and sorry for the reverse order but here it is for y'alls Proval Grin Wink enjoy! Smiley

Click on photo for the slide show.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 08:49:47 AM by van » Logged

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
happycamperbrat

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 11:30:04 AM »

Amazing work Van! Just beautiful!

Next thing you know, you will be doing minature ride on buses like the trains http://www.flickr.com/photos/joeross/684918965/#in/photostream/

The Little GTO is a 102" wide and 40' long 1983 GMC RTS II and my name is Teresa in case I forgot to sign my post
eddiepotts

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 02:03:44 PM »

That's awesome! It looks like you were having more fun with the photography than the model building.
Van
Billy Van Hagen

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 02:56:05 PM »

Thank you T  Wink Grin.  Eddie, it was a sight to behold for sure! Grin Grin

Thanks guy's Wink

boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 08:47:46 PM »

Although I have not personally seen the model or replica, I am amazed at the amount of detail and thought that has gone into the project.  I cannot wait to see it in August on our way thru Las Vegas (a short visit to check on our money) and then on to Salt Lake.

If it is anything close to the representation shown in the slide show, it will definitely be a winner.

Great Job Van.

Don Smith
(AKA:BCO)

luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 08:53:01 PM »

It is classy Don I saw it at the Utah rally only problem it doesn't have a boogie axle not a full grown Eagle yet still a chick lol  

good luck

« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 08:54:40 PM by luvrbus » Logged

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 03:18:52 AM »

It is classy Don I saw it at the Utah rally only problem it doesn't have a boogie axle not a full grown Eagle yet still a chick lol  

good luck

From what I have seen of it here, it has to be short of spectacular.  And you and Sonny, what can I say?  He says that "I don't have a real bus, 'cause I only have ONE AXLE."  Hahahahahaha.  I just tell him I am one of them "illegal bus guys" and keep right on truckin'.

BCO

fredcliff
Cliff Maus

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 05:56:06 AM »

I Want One!
Van
Billy Van Hagen

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2011, 07:10:50 AM »

Fredcliff, I would be more than happy to build one for you, or any one else interested Wink, send me some good photo's (side, front back,3/4 angle etc) of your coach and let's get one going Smiley, gotta earn me some tire money one way or another Grin. I think it is a great alternative to the generic die cast versions available on the internet. I love adding the details, that make it a one off version of your coach no matter what flavor bus you own Smiley. Thank you one and all for the interest Wink Smiley

Happy bussin'

boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2011, 11:18:46 AM »

Fredcliff, I would be more than happy to build one for you, or any one else interested Wink, send me some good photo's (side, front back,3/4 angle etc) of your coach and let's get one going Smiley, gotta earn me some tire money one way or another Grin. I think it is a great alternative to the generic die cast versions available on the internet. I love adding the details, that make it a one off version of your coach no matter what flavor bus you own Smiley. Thank you one and all for the interest Wink Smiley

Happy bussin'

Jump on it Fredcliff, he won't disappoint you, they are great models/replica's.

BCO

Red Rider
God put me here to accomplish certain things--- I'm so far behind I'll never die.

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2011, 05:03:13 PM »

Holding those models in your hand is a real treat. Van has so much detail that it is hard to explain the true quality.

Van, I told you at the ST. George Rally that I'd really like to own one of your fine products. Kindly let me know what the next step should be. I haven't been able to find ANYTHING for a 4106. I have the perfect spot in my Man Cave to show off a replica.

Thanks.

Mike AKA; Red Rider 4106-1885
Van
Billy Van Hagen

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2011, 06:37:04 AM »

Wink Mike, I haven't forgotten about ya buddy Wink Get some good profile shots to me front, back, sides so's I can get the shape correct. An aerial shot too if possible lol Cheesy Grin Grin, but I have something going already for  you Mike. Now here's the hundred thousand dollar Undecided ...Painted siding Roll Eyes? Unpainted? or... the half-n-half look?  Grin Grin Just kidding!! I think I already know the answer to that lol, so unpainted it is!! Wink Grin. Oh! please include a shot of the roof line with any roof warts, antenna's and vent covers that may be up there Wink. My E-mail Addy is  thebikewhisperer@cox.net  I am looking forward to this one Mike! Wink  Thanks you guys for the kind words and the interest Smiley I do try my best, when I do try lol! Grin Grin Looking forward to the finished product.

Happy Bussin'
    Van Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: