Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 23, 2014, 03:21:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is this Vent?  (Read 717 times)
Tikvah

Ignore
« on: May 02, 2011, 09:13:43 AM »

What is this vent?  And, where does it go?

I was poking around this weekend, and can't seem to find the beggining or the end of this.
There are two "ducts" into the bottom of his chamber.  One small one goes down on an angle at the close side.  The other larger one seems to go into the blower compartment.

I couldn't repair my brakes, so I made my horn louder.
1989 MCI-102 A3
DD 6V92 Turbo, Alison
Tons of stuff to learn!
Started in Cheboygan, Michigan (near the Mackinaw Bridge).  Now home is anywhere we park
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 09:16:32 AM »

That is the air intake for your engines air filter!
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 09:19:41 AM »

Just out of curiosity where did you buy your bus?
It looks like it may have been one of Three Rivers Travel buses at on time. I know Jeff sold them off all over the country directly & also on consignment through several dealers too when he went bankrupt.
Grin  BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Tikvah

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 09:47:55 AM »

I got it over on the west side of Nebraska.   It belonged to the owner of a tour coach company as his personal party coach.
I has just 12 coach seats inside that have been covered in buckskin leather.   It also has some nice oak cabinets in the back.  The shame is that I'll be removing all that.  Seems a shame to discard all that leather seating, but it won't work for my project.
He says the coach air works, but I haven't had an opportunity to try it.  The weather hasn't been very warm yet.  I hope to keep the coach air until it gets expensive to fix.
The engine is a remanufactured 6V92 turbo With an Alison trans.  The coach body is a 1989
Steer tires look real good, but the others will need replacement before I do a lot of traveling.

He threw in some R&N fiberglass updates for the rear of the coach.  It has an extended cap for raising the roof or just updating the look along with the louver kit and the skin to cover the engine doors and tailights.  I'm not really expecting to raise the roof (that seems extream) but I might install the louver kit above the stainless.  You can see some parts in one of the pictures below.

I flew to Denver and drove it home about two weeks ago and ended up replacing the rear air tank on the way.   Other than that it seems real good so far.

I couldn't repair my brakes, so I made my horn louder.
1989 MCI-102 A3
DD 6V92 Turbo, Alison
Tons of stuff to learn!
Started in Cheboygan, Michigan (near the Mackinaw Bridge).  Now home is anywhere we park
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 10:19:58 AM »

OK, well it appears it wasn't one of Jeff's buses.

But it looks like a good start. I wish you luck.
Grin  BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: