Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 21, 2014, 07:05:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kinda OT - Power tools to cut hardware cloth?  (Read 4846 times)
Dave5Cs

1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71 HT-740 Allison, Roseville, CA

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2011, 10:23:18 PM »

Brian : Try turning the blade in the skil saw backwards to cut metal. Any blade will do. Thicker the metal the louder it is but it will cut snips work well to. We cut corragated metal sheet that way. and concrete hog wire before we pour.

Dave

JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2011, 10:57:33 PM »

What Dave said.  You turn the saw blade around on a carbide blade and you can cut 1/2 inch aluminum plate like it was plywood.  Only did this on aluminum.  The aluminum fab shops use power wood tools and blades and the skill saw is a favorite.

FWIW

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2011, 05:05:56 AM »

I'm going to stick with abrasive blades for this task.  Since there is just a tiny 19 gauge steel wire every 1/2" I would be worried about the teeth hooking the wires. 

I use a regular carbide blade to cut aluminum with no issues on a regular basis.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: