Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 20, 2014, 09:13:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, your Online mags will be safe.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another busnut heading down that highway in the sky  (Read 3964 times)
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« on: May 06, 2011, 08:26:35 AM »

Dave Bullock, a member of the SE Busnuts, passed away yesterday. Although Dave did not post on this BB, he did monitor it and was known by most of the busnuts in the Southeast.  Dave was the first busnut I met many years ago when we had both purchased our 4106s. Dave & Minerva were with us last weekend at the SE Busnuts Palmetto Cove Rally. They had went to Front Royal, VA with Don & Doris Robertson to a Hudson Car Meet. After arriving, Dave complained of dizziness and the Paramedics were called. They transported Dave to the hospital, but he did not make it. Dave's Son and Daughter will arrive today to help Minerva and drive Dave's bus.
   Our deepest condolences and thoughts & prayers to Minerva and all Dave's family and friends.  Jack
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 08:30:40 AM by JackConrad » Logged

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 08:31:27 AM »

My heartfelt condolences go out to Dave's family.  I pray for comfort and strength in this time of loss for them.

I am glad that he got to enjoy one more rally before making that final departure.
Mike in GA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 08:45:51 AM »

Dave and Minerva were super Bus Nuts, and we feel very badly about Dave being stricken. He was on top of his game at the SEBN rally, participated in all the events, and told proudly of his recently repaired engine. He seemed very happy.
   At least he was doing things he loved - going to bus rallies and car shows. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Minerva and Family at this sad time. RIP.
Mike in GA

Past President, Southeast Bus Nuts. Busin' for more than 14 years in a 1985 MC 96a3 with DD 8v92 and a 5 speed Allison c/r.
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 10:13:21 AM »

To Minerva and Dave's entire family,
we all have a very sad place in our hearts today of this news of losing Dave.  This was the first rally I really got a chance to talk with Dave and our conversation was as if we knew each other for years.  I believe Dave to be in a most wonderful place now that hopefully all of us will join him in one day.  We now have to band together and be there for Minerva and the rest of her family and we all hope and pray you all have to strength to one day accept this.  Minerva, We all love you, please call any of us, anytime just to talk.

May God bless the Bullock family & give them strength. 
Gary 

Gary
Highway Yacht
*****Jimmy*****

Locust, North Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 03:07:20 PM »

Wow.. What a shocker.. I just met and talked with Dave last Thursday at the Palmetto Cove rally.. He was eager and quick to offer some much needed advice on my conversion process. After talking with him for several minutes I found out he just lived about 45 minutes from me. My condolences go out to his family..

Jimmy

1979 MC-9  8V71-Turbo / HT740             * www.MciBusTalk.com *
Locust, North Carolina                           A Site Dedicated To MCI's
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2011, 03:09:14 PM »

Wow, I didn't know Dave. But I'm sorry to hear of any  busnut passing. My heart and prayers go out to his wife and family.
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2011, 04:51:18 PM »

Our sincere condolences to his family. It's always sad to hear these things, even if you have never met them. God Bless his family!

Becky and Paul

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
Hi yo silver

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2011, 04:58:34 PM »

To Dave and Minerva's family,
Please know that bus nuuts and fans from all over the country feel your loss.  You will be in our thoughts and prayers. I didn't know Dave personally. I'm a friend of Don and Doris, and a fellow bus owner. I'm near Fincastle, north of Roanoke. If there is anything I can do to help you, please don't hesitate to call on me.
Dennis   

Blue Ridge Mountains of VA   Hi Yo Silver! MC9
5B Steve

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2011, 05:09:14 PM »

Our sincere condolences to his family. It's always sad to hear these things, even if you have never met them. God Bless his family!

Becky and Paul

Jack,

Sorry to hear the passing of your friend.  Condolences to his family.

Steve 5B....
James77MCI8

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2011, 05:51:08 PM »

I probably passed them on their way up to Front Royal as i was traveling South on 81 and passed a lot of conversions headed North. our prayers are with the family.

77 MCI 8
8V-71 4 spd
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: