Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 20, 2014, 05:32:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maintenance when sitting too long?  (Read 954 times)
white-eagle

Ignore
« on: May 09, 2011, 06:20:58 AM »

We're working in Colorado for 5 mo.  My first plan was to occasionally take a couple days off and drive around a little here, just to keep the bus moving, tires rolling, etc.  However, this National Forest park is not the friendliest to big rigs.  It was a minor pain to get into the parking space.  all the roads are one lane and one way, without much room to maneuver.  And we expect to be busy which compounds the movement issue.  So the move it 30 mi every few weeks is out.

Any other suggestions besides start the engine every 3 weeks or so, just to spread the oil around?

Mind you, i'm not complaining about the park.  It's beautiiiifuuull here!

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
lostagain

MC5C

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 06:26:00 AM »

I'd say do nothing. Just plug your intake and exhaust to keep the critters out. Your batteries will stay charged from being plugged in, or from solar panels. Dont worry, be happy.

JC

JC
Invermere, BC
1977 MC5C, 6V92/HT740
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 06:50:48 AM »

Tom, if you  have leveling jacks relieve pressure on you torque's  if not do blocking on 4 corners that systems doesn't like being parked for long periods the rest of the bus will be fine.Don't start the engine unless you are going for ride

good luck hope to see you this summer
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 06:52:58 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 08:07:01 AM »

I don't think its good for them to sit either Tom but sometimes its unavoidable.  The frenchy-bus has been sitting since before Christmas and its going to sit for 2 more months.  I've never believed in starting them just for the sake of starting them either.  Unless you're going to start it and take it out for a 2 or more hour drive I'd leave it alone.  Make sure the batteries stay charged up and check the connections for green death growing on them.  Otherwise I don't think there's much you can do.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 02:24:07 PM »

Tom,

Glad you all like it out there. What did you think of trail ridge road, and down the other side Cool. It was a fun trip for us Grin. Actually, it wasn't bad, unless you me another bus (aka beautiful H3) rolling downhill when you are in a blind corner.

Have fun. We will be out there sometime this September. Problem is, I think we are going to be way south of you. We like the Buena Vista area, so that is probably where we will vacation this year.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 05:53:35 PM »

Looks like a great place to sit for a spell!!

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: