Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 20, 2014, 01:12:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: update on Ron and Kristin's maiden voyage  (Read 1116 times)
happycamperbrat

Ignore
« on: May 10, 2011, 02:58:28 PM »

Just an update I got from Kristin. Seems they are going to Lone Pine first and staying at Richard's (?) house who has a Crown for sale. They may buy that. But bad news is:

Ron said trani locked up between 1st and 2nd; wouldn't start without 4 batteries...got started -we have headlights, no turn signals and not sure about brake lights. Brakes in rear were already adjusted properly. Engine is purring along!

The Little GTO is a 102" wide and 40' long 1983 GMC RTS II and my name is Teresa in case I forgot to sign my post
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 03:50:26 PM »

That's all relatively simple stuff, just a little hard to do on the road and without a little experience and help.

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 07:49:56 PM »

Did anyone remind them to save the last bullets for themselves?

owning an old coach: natural selection taking its course.

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
Iver

1979 MCI-9

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 01:23:13 AM »

Did anyone remind them to save the last bullets for themselves?
Now that did make me chuckle.........
I honestly wish them luck tho'...............
        Iver

Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada
"Life may not be the party we hoped for,
But while we are here we might as well dance".
happycamperbrat

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 08:51:36 PM »

Got this email tonight from them:

We  are heading toward Shasta and either will go on I5 or head toward Klamath Falls, need to resolve latest issue first, with cooling.
I don't know why we can't get in to busnut site, yet.  Also, can;t seem to find old thread under our sign in.., sorry, could you help?
Much love, K and R

Ron and Kristin here, will update here to keep it all in order, then will start a new chapter with our user name, Maria V after it gets approved, as it is not at this point.
Last day at Mother Teresa's...installed ground cable from batteries to ground cable on engine~ seems to work perfectly.  Tried to flush black tank, valve broke off in Kristin's hand..rebuilt hookup. First nite out, went to back to Walmart!  left first thing in am, stopped for fuel, trans locked up btween 1st and 2nd, worked out fine once figured out, rest of drive went well. Next day, latch broke on door; Next day, all ran well except for latch on door has now siezed and we spent couple hours trying to get out.  Next am, couple hours taking lock apart.  Went to start, bus acted like it was out of fuel. Resolved with no clue as to cause.  Drove 150 miles (now at Shasta area), buzzer went off and temps began to rise. Parked in McCloud waiting for it to cool.  Still heading north..?
Want to thank you all for such support, we have a feeling we are done..please come visit in Alaska, (or wherever we end up!) We still may be storing somewhere and flying home.

The Little GTO is a 102" wide and 40' long 1983 GMC RTS II and my name is Teresa in case I forgot to sign my post
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2011, 06:07:30 AM »

There is a pattern emerging, they can't get registered at either bus board?

Wetware problem?

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
happycamperbrat

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2011, 08:04:08 AM »

No, they are registered here but had problems with the search feature to bring up their old thread. At the other board they cant get registered........

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: