Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 28, 2014, 07:41:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Neoplan part  (Read 1050 times)
Cary and Don

Ignore
« on: September 24, 2006, 05:49:12 PM »

Hi all,

We are looking for the one piece door for our project.  Nimco doesn't have any Neoplan parts.  Any other ideas as to where we might find it?  Thanks in advance,  Don and Cary

1973 05 Eagle
Neoplan AN340
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2006, 08:40:19 PM »

Build it? Just think'n what I'd do! BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 07:38:15 AM »

Cary,

You may be able to get some ideas here-http://odyssey.smugmug.com/

Good luck,

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
Kristinsgrandpa

1988 Neoplan AN 340, 6V-92 TA DDEC II, HT 748 ATEC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2006, 08:45:09 AM »

I looked for about a year and finally built my own.  I knew after the 400 mi. drive, getting the coach home, that I couldn't live with the double doors that came on it.

For the basic framework I used square tubing that I acquired at the local Honda shop. They have 4 wheel atv's shipped in on them and scrap the pallets when unloaded. It comes in about 7' lengths and is in various sizes. Namely 1.5" X 1.5", 1.25"X 1.25" and 1" X 2". The local Yamaha shop has the same thing, only I never have measured it to see what the sizes are.

The tubing from the Honda shop is about .080 wall thickness if I remember right.

HTH Ed.

I'm very conservative, " I started life with nothing and still have most of it left".
NEO/Russ
NEO/Russ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2006, 09:16:11 AM »

What model Neoplan?  I have a side door from a Skyliner that I don't need.  However that model is unusual.  The front door from the '80's-90's Skyliner, Spaceliner and Citiliner should be the same.  However the other models of Neoplan are different. Need more info please.

Well no longer a bus nut, but over the years I learned a lot here and still come back to see what I can apply to the conversion of my KW T2000 for hauling my Teton fifth wheeler.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: