Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 30, 2014, 03:12:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm taking a forced break from my bus and the forum for a little while  (Read 4073 times)
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2011, 09:10:20 AM »

Sonja has a Spitfire she has had for years 63,000 total miles and the thing cost a fortune to keep up for the 63,000 miles lol.
Now to the back I am surprised you still are having pain the way they described it to me the pain would be gone instantly I thought in the back of my mind hey this guy is not telling me the truth

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
trucktramp

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2011, 09:13:03 AM »

Congrats on the successful surgery and welcome back.  It sounds like you are doing very well.  Unfortunately, pain (and sometimes lots of it) is a normal part of spinal surgery.  Everything is "baby steps" for you.  You  need to walk as this helps to strengthen your back muscles.  No one expects you to walk 5 miles.  You can do you distances in short segments (remember baby steps right?) several times daily.  Keep up the good work.

Dennis Watson
KB8KNP
Scotts, Michigan
1966 MCI MC5A
8V71
Spicer 4 Speed Manual
Paladin
Dave Knight

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2011, 12:17:57 PM »

Sort of funny story: I began walking up and down the street the first week. I got cocky and thought I could handle more than I could and decided to go all the way around the block.

Well, I had my bumblebee suit on (back brace resembles a bumblebee suit) and my cane and had a little meds in me though not much. I wanted to make sure I could walk. Well, I got just about exactly halfway which makes it the middle of the next block when the spasms and pain kicked in. I realized I had left my phone at home so I couldn't call for help, I was about to call a cab! I just put one foot in front of the other staring straight ahead until I finally was back in my bed.....in agony. I walk still but I'm actually still afraid to walk that far alone though it should be a piece of cake now. I still have fits of pain sometimes. I walk laps on my own block now so if something happens and I'm found face down in the sidewalk my neighbors know which house to drag my carcass back to. They actually watch out for me when they see me and cheer me on now.

Yup, baby steps and I'm always pushing it. I need to realize that 3 mos out isn't all that long.

Congrats on the successful surgery and welcome back.  It sounds like you are doing very well.  Unfortunately, pain (and sometimes lots of it) is a normal part of spinal surgery.  Everything is "baby steps" for you.  You  need to walk as this helps to strengthen your back muscles.  No one expects you to walk 5 miles.  You can do you distances in short segments (remember baby steps right?) several times daily.  Keep up the good work.

'75 MC-8   'Event Horizon'
8V71  HT740
Salt Lake City, Utah

"Have bus will travel read the card of the man, a Knight without armor in a savage land...."
Paladin
Dave Knight

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2011, 12:19:47 PM »

Jeez Ed, you think you got enough power for a TR4? I'd love to see that beast!

Had a 59 Bugeye Sprite for the wife back in the mic 80's. Then a 79 or 80 MGB, then a 81 Alfa Romao Spyder, then a 79 TR6. For the last 16 years or so i have had a 62 TR4 with a 289 and C4 out of a 67 mustang. Only get to play with it in the winter as it is now in storage in Yuma. Grin

'75 MC-8   'Event Horizon'
8V71  HT740
Salt Lake City, Utah

"Have bus will travel read the card of the man, a Knight without armor in a savage land...."
blank

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2011, 01:52:27 PM »

A 77 Jag XJS came in after an engine fire due to fuel leaks after some bone head replaced all the fuel lines under the hood. Cooked the hood, burned all the wiring back to the firewall, cooked the solder out of the radiator and buckled the front fenders. Should have been totaled. 

Thankfully all the dummy mechanics were gutting Jag V-12's they didnt know how to fix, and swapping in crude Chevy mills. So a used motor with a harness was cheap, couple hundred bucks IIRC. a month later I had all that evil prince of darkness electrical working, the car was painted, had another motor and radiator in it, and drove it out of the shop. Ran like new.

The Lucas stuff isnt junk so much as too many morons that call themselves mechanics and blame the machine instead of their ability. Kind of like a lot of the guys working on Buses by the looks of it. Ferrari's too, by the way. You almost dont want anyone to work on one of those.
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2011, 09:40:23 PM »

Dave, i met a guy a couple of years ago that has a 64 TR4 and races it. I think that he said that he had a 383 stoker motor in it? Said he was thinking about moving up into the next class but he would have to put a wing on the back and if he did that everyone on the street would know that he was no longer a stock TR. Of course if you were looking close enough his dual tail pipes would give it away. Most people don't notice mine either Smiley  He did extensive mods to get the car to where it is, said he had about $100,000 in it. When i first saw the car before i found him to talk to, i could tell that he had done some things to the body, but they were very subtle. Once he told me what he had done and showed me a few things it was more obvious.  I think that the most i would ever do to mine would maybe be a 351 Windsor. Grin

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: