Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 01, 2014, 05:21:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Texas Bus Roundup 2011  (Read 4112 times)
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« on: May 13, 2011, 11:23:44 AM »

The Texas Bus Roundup 2011 is set for August 11-14, 2011 at Coffee Creek RV Resort in Santo, TX.....approx 50 miles west of Fort Worth.  Coffee Creek has blocked 35 spaces for our rally including a very nice clubhouse with a full kitchen & large BBQ grill.  The camping spaces are 92' pull-thrus with 30 & 50 amp full hookups for $30.00 per night.  They are big rig & pet friendly.  The camping spaces are blocked, but you will need to contact Renee at Coffee Creek directly to pay a deposit & reserve your spot.....remember to tell them you're with the "Texas Bus Roundup".  If you want to arrive early or stay later they will extend the rally rate for your entire stay.  There are also cabins on site or nearby hotels if you want to join the rally without a bus.  You can learn more about Coffee Creek and their amenities by visiting their website.  Here is their contact info:

Coffee Creek RV Resort & Cabins
Attn: Renee
13429 South Hwy 281
Santo, TX  76472
940-769-2277

www.coffeecreekrvresort.com
(located just 1/2 mile north of Interstate 20 at Exit 386)

The schedule will be similar to last years rally......
* Arrive on Thursday & circle the wagons,
* BBQ grilling on Thursday evening at the clubhouse,
* Breakfast & lunch on your own both Friday & Saturday,
* Potluck Dinners both Friday & Saturday evenings at the clubhouse,
* Plenty of bus stories, tall tales & bus tourin' all rally long,
* Hit the dusty trail on Sunday!  Cheesy

Call or email me with any questions or suggestions.  My contact info:
Darrin Bruner
214-676-8378
darrin.bruner@ge.com

I look forward to seeing y'all at Texas Bus Roundup 2011!!!

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 11:24:50 AM »

We will also have Tshirts available for the first time. As we are celebrating our fifth anniversary we thought it would be appropriate to offer these.

You will be able to purchase them at the rally for our cost of $16.95 each. Very high quality Hanes, not the cheaper stuff you find at the box stores.

No, I did not design these, Becky did! Grin I'm not that talented!

Sizes: Mens - S, M, L, XL, XXL, XXXL

Sizes: Ladies - S, M, L, XL, XXL

This is going to be a fun time, looking forward to seeing Y'all there!

RnMAdventures

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 05:07:49 PM »

Darrin,

We have never been to a bus rally. What sort of things do yall do? Is it kid friendly? We have 2 to 4 kids that travel with us. If someone comes to the rally in a S&S, you guys won't chase'em off with pitchforks will ya?

Mike & Rosemarie
1964 PD4106-2626
DD8v71 & Allison v730
rwc
No longer will be Now AM

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 04:13:14 AM »

First TBR I went to was in a rented TT. Only Duck (Mallard TT)there with all the Eagles and none of them tried to eat me.
 Rod

boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 07:25:22 AM »

First TBR I went to was in a rented TT. Only Duck (Mallard TT)there with all the Eagles and none of them tried to eat me.
 Rod

Now that one, that one was a hoot!  I liked that. 

If my memory serves me well, there were a couple of TT's there last year and nothing was said about it.  One of the things that I appreciate about TBR is the fact that it is "open to just about anyone in the bus community" to attend.  That to me is the best part of it, the variety of the coaches and the different makes and models that attend.

Looks like Darrin and Paul picked out a good location for this one this year.

BCO

Texasjack

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 06:00:23 PM »

Bus roundup eh? Well looks like a reason to get my eagle on the road. Been working on it for years!
eddiepotts

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 07:05:34 PM »

Jack, you have been a member for 5 years now and only 27 post. If your bus is not done you can't use the excuse of more time on the board than working on the bus. Give us some insight on your bus sometime.
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2011, 03:12:58 AM »

Anyone who has an interest in buses, either owning one or a wanabe is more than welcome! Kids, dogs and parrots are welcome too! The park has cabins available for those that don't own an RV, TT's and 5ers are welcome also. Rod can relate to that. Wink

This is our fifth anniversary and it's a very special rally for us. Laid back, lots of food and your favorite beverage will keep you happy! Swapping stories and just plain having fun with a bunch of bus nuts is a great way to spend a long weekend.

Darrin chose the date and location so his kids can spend some time enjoying the pool and not worry about school. I'm sure if Jeff and Darlene make it they will enjoy the fact that other children will be there to spend time with theirs.

After the rally Becky and I plan to head to Sonnie's place for a little fix on the Eagle, then north to Cody for an Eagle rally. Will then be heading to Vancouver, WA to anchor down at a bus nuts place for a few months. Need to spend some time in the Northwest to visit family and friends. My parents are in their 80's and are looking forward to our visit.

Let's pray the price of fuel drops like a rock! Grin 2800 + miles for this trip...........Can't wait to hit the road and hammer down! Cool

boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2011, 03:49:43 AM »

Let's pray the price of fuel drops like a rock! Grin 2800 + miles for this trip...........Can't wait to hit the road and hammer down! Cool

Now that is optimism, I must admit.  Insert a happy face here.

Time to air bag the old hoopie Paul?  That why you are heading to Sonnies?

BCO

boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2011, 03:51:35 AM »

Jack, you have been a member for 5 years now and only 27 post. If your bus is not done you can't use the excuse of more time on the board than working on the bus. Give us some insight on your bus sometime.

Most likely not going to like the answer, but I am going to ask anyway.  "How do you keep a dream alive for five or ten years without taking it out occasionally and driving it or spending time in it (relaxing)?"

BCO

pete36330

my mc9 ,,gonna finish it one day ,,

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2011, 09:10:51 AM »

Hey Paul..Can we come and bring our {in progress} schoolie?
  Almost got everything working ,,the genie purrrs like a kitten now ,,
                                                        Pete& Polly
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2011, 04:14:44 PM »

Don, You guessed correctly! The wings are weak and in need of some boost! I just hope he finishes his current project by then! Wink I saw that sign though an email lately and just smiled.

Pete & Polly, Of course you guys can come! It's a bus isn't it! Grin Besides, I"ll bet everyone's rig is in progress, I know ours is.

See Y'all there!

wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2011, 04:41:00 PM »

That is why I like this forum.  Although I might rib a person about Eagles and how kewl they are but never ever would I think about putting myself or anyone else in a higher or lesser class because of the bus they ride.  I don't know of any bus that goes down the road that I don't ougle over, even the yellow one with Yuma Babtist Church written on the side.

Paul we are trying to arrange our training schedule.  We are set to be in Weatherford the weekend before the rally and Taylor the weekend of the rally.  I need to work some magic but we shall see.  It would be nice of we can switch the weekends, that way we will be only a few miles from the rally after training the dogs.  That clinic is usually done by noon.

1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2011, 05:05:03 PM »

Most likely not going to like the answer, but I am going to ask anyway.  "How do you keep a dream alive for five or ten years without taking it out occasionally and driving it or spending time in it (relaxing)?"

BCO

Are you married Don?  Cheesy Cheesy Gotta laugh. I do have to admit that I have spent more time working on the ole girl this year than using it. A big difference between the "ole girl" and the "ole lady"!! Cheesy Cheesy Now that the "ole girl" is ready to roll along with the weather the "ole lady" keeps finding weddings and graduations we have to attend of people I don't know or could care less about..... It looks like this dude needs a toad and a big cardboard waving hand as I leave for the weekend!!! One of my girlfriends from years back owns a liquor store here in town. Lets just say we are on a first name basis and leave it at that. Her husband seems to drag his feet when it comes to hitting the camping trail  as does my spouse (3rd cousin's nephew's 12 year surprise birthday party  Angry). If push comes to shove I am sure we can find an attitude adjustment for those that could use a kick in the butt.

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2011, 05:55:43 PM »

Don, You guessed correctly! The wings are weak and in need of some boost! I just hope he finishes his current project by then! Wink I saw that sign though an email lately and just smiled.

Pete & Polly, Of course you guys can come! It's a bus isn't it! Grin Besides, I"ll bet everyone's rig is in progress, I know ours is.

See Y'all there!

I drove down last week and took a look at it and checked the progress on the job.  William's coach has a lot of problems, it has turned out to be quite a can of worms.  Sonnie has the engine in now and is doing a lot of metal fabricating work on the carriage and mounts.  He also has to move the leveling jacks and I believe it is getting bagged too.  It is going to be first class when he gets it done, but it would overwhelm me in about a New York minute.

Don Smith
aka:BCO

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: