Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 06:27:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I have a refrigeration unit for a van...Is this adaptable into some kind of AC?  (Read 613 times)
zubzub

'53 4104. Roadworthy but rough around the edges.

Ignore
« on: May 14, 2011, 07:08:55 AM »

Bought a work van with a refrigeration...don't need the refrigeration but I like the van (diesel eurovan with mechanical injection)  I've been told I can sell the refrig unit for a few bucks ($500) but I'm sure that will be a PITA....So I figure it has a big exchanger (roof mounted) kind of like this.
http://www.marketbook.ca/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=2580067&LP=TRK&
 maybe I can get clever and use it to cool the driver or something on my bus? 

oldmansax
Tom & Phyllis

'82 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 07:35:15 AM »

That's a split system unit. To make it work you will have to have the compressor mounted on the engine & run refrigerant lines to the condenser (roof) & evaporator (inside), and all the control wiring. A standard roof top AC will be far easier to deal with but what you are thinking about can be done. If you remove it, make sure to SEAL the ends of all refrigerant lines properly. If any moisture (even humidity in the air) get in the system it will reduce the value considerably.

TOM

'82 BlueBird WanderLodge PT40 being rebuilt
Delaware

DON'T STEAL! The government hates competition!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: