Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 02:07:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you using a Dishwasher?  (Read 2039 times)
TomC

Ignore
« on: May 14, 2011, 09:15:20 AM »

Curious how many are using a dishwasher.  Sears has a 18" either white, black or stainless that seems to be fairly good.  I'd like to hear about anyone that uses one and if it is worth it (I'm under the impression that it would save water).  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
eddiepotts

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 09:54:02 AM »

I use one. It also cleans the clothes and vacuums. I don't think it was the cheapest model though. If it ever breaks down I think I will go for a defferant model. Grin
blank

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 11:04:42 AM »

If I wrote anything like that and was caught, id likley get a fryin pan upside the head from the sanitation engineer.
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 11:17:04 AM »

hot grease you know where!

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 11:22:55 AM »

Sorry Tom the evil me came out. We don't have one but Is a idea. Expensive? By the way I do  know a guy that got caught with a girls sister that got hot bacon grease there 20 yrs ago--they are still married---that I Don't understand!

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2011, 11:27:46 AM »

TomC, may not be of any help but the people I know that have had one have removed the dishwasher along with trash compactor.
I have a couple in my shop the owners said were a waste of space for 2 people that's all I know may work for you,their complaint was there was never enough dishes to fill it to make it worth while as they just had enough dishes on board for 4 people 

good luck
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 11:37:12 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
uncle ned

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2011, 12:48:10 PM »

I never go any where with out my dishwasher.  The quite would be unbarable.

uncle ned

4104's forever
6v92 v730
Huggy Bear
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2011, 01:01:04 PM »

I don't have a dishwasher, but what about a single drawer dishwasher?  It shouldn't take up as much room.  I know they are popular on class A motorhomes these days.  I believe they using a standard home unit and not something special for the RV market.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2011, 03:00:20 PM »

Dang it Eddie!!!  I had the same thought and was all ready to get to typing until I read it.  That is some funny stuff right there.  Now we all get to print it out and keep it for a free beer if we ever meet up at a rally.

1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com
David Anderson

South Texas in the Eagle Ford Shale area

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2011, 03:26:34 PM »

We have an 18" GE in our Eagle.  We use it all the time.  It uses about 5 gals per cycle..   It beats storing dirty dishes in the sink until you have enough to wash.

David
Dave Siegel

Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2011, 05:19:07 AM »

Single drawer dishwashers are a great idea if you have a lot of money to spend. They use quite a bit of water, and then discharge it into your holding tank. Oh, wait a minute, you wouldn't be boondocking and using a dishwasher would you?

We have a Silversides and space is quite limited, there is only the two of us, and our plan is we use good quality disposable plates, when we are through with dinner I wrap the plates up in the garbage bag under the sink, tie the top off and put it outside for garbage collection or put it in a proper container outside. That way we use very little water, there is no garbage smell and clean up is a breeze. I figure we can go several years doing that before we have even coming close to the cost of a dishwasher. (Now don't get me wrong, we have a dishwasher at home and we use it almost every day, I love the machine but honestly I would rather spend the money on a Hi Def TV.

That's just our way.

Dave & Jan

Dave & Jan Siegel    1948 GMC  "Silversides"
               Naples, Florida
   Dave is Host to the "Help Assist Pages"
  (Free roadside help for Bus Conversions)
         www.help-assist-list.com
happycamperbrat

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2011, 10:25:38 AM »

Paper plates instead of dishwasher when vacationing? I bet your wife LOVES you and you have a GREAT marriage Grin  Wink

The Little GTO is a 102" wide and 40' long 1983 GMC RTS II and my name is Teresa in case I forgot to sign my post
Gary '79 5C

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2011, 12:18:48 PM »

Tom,
We do not have one in the coach, However I did salvage a GE 18" in a small house I demo-ed to redevelop the lot. I spoke to the owner who use it on a regular basis, Never a problem.
Then again it was just Mrs. Coleman and Jake the jack russell doggie.

I would imagine it would operate fine in a coach & save water as well.

Experience is something you get Just after you needed it....
Ocean City, NJ
Gary '79 5C

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2011, 12:19:54 PM »

Oh Yeah,

I sold the GE in a garage sale, 5 years ago.

Experience is something you get Just after you needed it....
Ocean City, NJ
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2011, 01:29:36 PM »

Yes, she is also a wonderful cook and the navigator.  LOL  We use mostly paper plates and bowls, so not many dishes to wash.  Jack
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 05:49:00 AM by JackConrad » Logged

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Dave Siegel

Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2011, 04:56:09 AM »

Paper plates instead of dishwasher when vacationing? I bet your wife LOVES you and you have a GREAT marriage Grin  Wink

She does, and since I do most of the clean-up work I want to make our time in the bus is as pleasant as possible.  I even went so far as to remove the built in stove top from the counter. I have a really nice work center for out side and do almost all of our cooking outside, (I really don't like the smell of cooking or the heat in the coach) but on that rare day when it rains and I have to cook inside I have an induction cook top I bring out to the counter and I cook on that. Very fast, no ambient heat, and no smells. If I could find disposable cook-wear I would probably consider using that also.

We do have plates that we use when we go to a rally and the sit down dinners. (Oh wait a minute, those plates are stiff plastic disposable plates as well.) Gee it gets better all the time.

Now you see why I don't think we need a dishwasher in the bus.

Dave

Dave & Jan Siegel    1948 GMC  "Silversides"
               Naples, Florida
   Dave is Host to the "Help Assist Pages"
  (Free roadside help for Bus Conversions)
         www.help-assist-list.com
scanzel

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2011, 03:27:45 AM »

I would think that if you are full timing it might be good while traveling because you could run it while driving. But if your trips are short one weekend or a week here and there it may no justify the cost. For $300 to $400 dollars you can by a lot of disposible dishes and cups. I am thinking of one but not sure yet if I have enough space for it. A possibility depending on where you put the combo cloths washer you could possibly stack the dishwasher either under or over the cloths washer and save space.

Steve Canzellarini
Berlin, CT
1989 Prevost XL
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: