Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 08:25:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you using a Dishwasher?  (Read 2035 times)
Dave Siegel

Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2011, 04:56:09 AM »

Paper plates instead of dishwasher when vacationing? I bet your wife LOVES you and you have a GREAT marriage Grin  Wink

She does, and since I do most of the clean-up work I want to make our time in the bus is as pleasant as possible.  I even went so far as to remove the built in stove top from the counter. I have a really nice work center for out side and do almost all of our cooking outside, (I really don't like the smell of cooking or the heat in the coach) but on that rare day when it rains and I have to cook inside I have an induction cook top I bring out to the counter and I cook on that. Very fast, no ambient heat, and no smells. If I could find disposable cook-wear I would probably consider using that also.

We do have plates that we use when we go to a rally and the sit down dinners. (Oh wait a minute, those plates are stiff plastic disposable plates as well.) Gee it gets better all the time.

Now you see why I don't think we need a dishwasher in the bus.

Dave

Dave & Jan Siegel    1948 GMC  "Silversides"
               Naples, Florida
   Dave is Host to the "Help Assist Pages"
  (Free roadside help for Bus Conversions)
         www.help-assist-list.com
scanzel

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2011, 03:27:45 AM »

I would think that if you are full timing it might be good while traveling because you could run it while driving. But if your trips are short one weekend or a week here and there it may no justify the cost. For $300 to $400 dollars you can by a lot of disposible dishes and cups. I am thinking of one but not sure yet if I have enough space for it. A possibility depending on where you put the combo cloths washer you could possibly stack the dishwasher either under or over the cloths washer and save space.

Steve Canzellarini
Berlin, CT
1989 Prevost XL
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: