Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 22, 2014, 02:41:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Indiana Has a New Law, YOU need to know!  (Read 3725 times)
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« on: May 17, 2011, 12:43:39 PM »

In case you hadn't heard, MY home state (I'm sorry to say) has changed a law where the cops don't need a search warrant to come in.  Angry See this: http://hillbuzz.org/2011/05/16/indiana-supreme-court-to-magna-carta-4th-amendment-bite-us/
And I would certainly think that pertains to our "Mobile Domicile's". I understand that many laws are the same for our bus's as for homes. (guns, etc.)
So if you are traveling thru the Hoosierland, you might keep that in mind. I personally apologize for it. But the possible good news is, Judge Napolitano on FOX says it won't be able to hold up to the scrutiny of the U.S. Supreme Court.
I just thought this was a worthy topic to put out for people traveling thru.
  Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
Oonrahnjay

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 01:16:13 PM »

In case you hadn't heard, MY home state (I'm sorry to say) has changed a law where the cops don't need a search warrant to come in.  Angry See this: http://hillbuzz.org/2011/05/16/indiana-supreme-court-to-magna-carta-4th-amendment-bite-us/
And I would certainly think that pertains to our "Mobile Domicile's". I understand that many laws are the same for our bus's as for homes. (guns, etc.)
So if you are traveling thru the Hoosierland, you might keep that in mind. I personally apologize for it. But the possible good news is, Judge Napolitano on FOX says it won't be able to hold up to the scrutiny of the U.S. Supreme Court.
I just thought this was a worthy topic to put out for people traveling thru.
  Chaz

I am a big supporter of Law Enforcement but this isn't a change in the law, it's another example of "Judicial Activism".  I agree that it's likely to not withstand a Supreme Court review but if somebody wants to make this a law in any state, it should go through the legislature -- and the legislaturers should have to withstand the scrutiny that stupid moves will bring them.

Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long
6-cyl, 4-stroke, Leyland O-680 engine

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)
eddiepotts

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 01:20:58 PM »

I am sitting on my hands on this one. THIS IS WHY I LIVE IN TEXAS. I will fight for my rights with arms. It will not hold up in suprime court but it will until they get it stopped.
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 01:42:31 PM »

I spent about two months in Fort Wayne one week about twenty years ago.  Didn't leave anything there and have no need to go back.

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
demodriver

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 02:08:21 PM »

I dont care who it is if they come into my house without me knowing it the results will be ugly.  I cant see this law sticking, atleast I hope not. I believe it will do more harm then good.
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 03:55:44 PM »

I really thought Hoosierville had it's --it together, in one sock and that sock located but...  Undecided 
Every State has it's share of stupid stuff but this is beyond the pale. Bad thing is, even tho I believe it will be overturned, these idiots have stuck a toe in the door. So now, other idiots will start chipping away at that door. It's how it works.
I am also a big proponent that states should be able to have their own agenda and laws as it was originally set up. But this is stupid!! We should not have to depend on the Feds to overturn a states rules and laws. The Feds are were basically supposed to just protect the states and stay the hell outta our business. (paraphrasing there  Wink) Hoosiers themselves need to stand up and shoot that down!!!!!!! Not more Fed intrusion.
So until we hear otherwise, keep that in mind when passing thru.
Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 04:14:20 PM »

I am sitting on my hands on this one. THIS IS WHY I LIVE IN TEXAS. I will fight for my rights with arms. It will not hold up in suprime court but it will until they get it stopped.

You reference Texas but they have a similar law that hacks me completely off.  A game warden may stop you, search you, search your person vehicle and or home on the mere suspicion you have been involved in the taking of any wildlife resource.  Not to be confused with illegally taking of the resource, but merely involved in taking or collecting the resource.  They call it an inspection, I call it a violation of my constitution.

They can ask and I will probably let them search.  I am the man of my castle/s.  You violate my civil rights and you best be ready for a ticked off redneck.  I tell you folks we need to pay close attention to the slow trickling erosion of our rights.

1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com
zubzub

'53 4104. Roadworthy but rough around the edges.

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2011, 04:34:29 PM »

This should really be in the Off topic section but I'll add my 2 cents anyway.  A whole bunch of civil rights and liberties were stripped off US citizens with all the paranoia legislation, Patriot Act et all.  If you think the Patriot Act just applies to terrorists that's pretty funny.

JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2011, 04:46:06 PM »

Got more really really really.....bad news.  Ruth Badder Ginsberg was the lone hold out today on one of the Supremes most dastardly moves.  Seems some cops went to this guys house on a "tip" that he was peddling Marijuana.  A heinous crime in itself.  They knocked and their knock went unanswered.  But they heard what sounded like drugs being destroyed AND smelled Marijuana smoke.  They broke the door down.  Defense attorney wanted the evidence suppressed.  WRONG!  They ruled that a officer can break into your house if he "THINKS" evidence of a crime is being destroyed.  Got that?  The officer is the deciding authority in this matter.  The cops said they feared he was destroying the evidence by burning the evidence in his home.  No fire was found and no firemen were summoned before or after the search.  I would have fired the cop that said he smelled smoke but didn't summon fire and safety immediately....dereliction of duty to p[protect and serve?.

Ginsberg said that this decision would lead to flagrant disregard for the 4th amendment(?) of security in your home and papers and would end the inconvenience of getting a search warrant.

There is a darker side to this that we all must now fear.  If a cop does decide to break into your home he is predisposed to find SOMETHING to legitimize his actions.  I thought hot pursuit was bogus as so many homes were violated and no intruder was located.  I want them to surround the house and make a determination of whether the legit occupants are in danger....and not in that order.  Texas always scared me as the cops seem to have way to much leeway and protection from review  down there.

Never ever "INVITE THE COP IN".  Never do that.  If you do he can legit use anything he finds or thinks he finds against you.  Just smile and decline.  I would remind him that I am only withholding my permission and not suggesting I could ever physically prevent his entry and step back.  You gave up nothing and he can satisfy himself if he needs to.  What he will do is withdraw cause anything he finds he has to leave alone.  But if you don't think cops don't lie through their teeth by the minute and often merely to amuse themselves you are one STUPID SOB.  As others on here have said "the cops are not your friend".  My views and opinions do not reflect those of the management....necessarily.

Almost unanimous?  I must be missing something.

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2011, 04:47:08 PM »

What ZubZub said.

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2011, 05:10:10 PM »

I don't understand how this has anything to do with buses.  I'm not going to go out of my way to avoid Indiana just because of this.  (Especially not with today's fuel prices.)

I'm hoping all you folks who think the police are out to get you never need help from a police officer.  Yes, there are some bad apples, but the good ones far outnumber the bad.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2011, 05:29:38 PM »

Like it or not but this has been going on for ever! The badge is no better than the man or woman behind it. After all my years of dealing with the "fuzz"  Cheesy, I've found that they are about as trustworthy and as reliable as politicians. Sad to say but law enforcement is truly people I don't trust anymore. Scary............

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
mike802

1983 MCI MC9

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2011, 05:40:47 PM »

Yes, there are some bad apples, but the good ones far outnumber the bad.
If I ever "need" a cop I sure hope you are right, but I cant think of a time when I really needed one.  I have had things stolen and the cops came and took a report, I never got my stuff back.  I have had auto accidents, the cop showed up and took a report and someone was sent a bill (ticket).  I once had my house entered, the cop's came and took a report.  In all cases the cops showed up after the fact, and like the saying goes when you need a cop in seconds, they are only minutes away.  That being said, maybe I have been lucky all these years.  But Hope Steffy needed a cop, called one and got the sh%# beat out of her. Watch here
Fully Nude Strip Search by Cops: Male Police Stripping Woman Completely Naked
 And you should never talk to the police, don't take my word for it listen to what this law school professor and a cop have to say about it here
Dont Talk to Police

I think we need to make some changes in this country.  I think we should do away with internal affairs investigating bad cops, we should have citizen review boards who determine if the cops acted out of line.  One cop should be allowed to sit on the board to tell their side of it, but the majority should be citizens, after all who are they supposed to be protecting and serving?

Mike
1983 MCI MC9
Vermont
5B Steve

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2011, 07:52:50 PM »

As the stupidity blooms in our state on a daily basis, on this evening news on Fox 59 one of the justices

mentioned that "Resisting only escalates the violence between the parties"  With that said, what if that

individual (s) were impersonating an officer?  With that said and done, the Indiana code stating UNLAWFULL

RESIDENTAL ENTRY must have been es-ponged from the statute!

Steve 5B...
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2011, 08:13:54 PM »

Do you really think the news media is going to report on all the good cops out there?  No, they report on all the bad cops because the media loves to report bad news.  I don't personally know any cops or anything like that.  I just think they get all get painted with a broad brush because of the few bad ones.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: