Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 22, 2014, 01:27:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Indiana Has a New Law, YOU need to know!  (Read 3760 times)
zubzub

'53 4104. Roadworthy but rough around the edges.

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2011, 12:32:28 AM »

This is relayed to buses because it looks like in Indiana, police will be able to enter your bus without your permission/reasonable cause/search warrant..  The reason police  get a bad rep is that the "few bad apples " are law officers, with tons of power over ordinary citizens.  When they abuse that power, you have almost no recourse, the system is weighted against you, the brotherhood covers up abuse made by their"brothers",  they investigate their own crimes, etc etc...

Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2011, 06:23:59 AM »

Thanx ZubZub. I see you finally seen the point I was originally making.  Smiley  (I thought I made the point quite clearly, but I'm no great literary figure. Wink) Your bus is your home and if you are in Hoosierville you are susceptible to this law. People who travel, such as us, need to know this. Belfert obviously has not made the correlation. And where people take this thread, is up to them. BUT, it was intended as a Bus Topic. And I still believe it is.

I also agree with previous posts. "When seconds count, Cops are only minutes away". That is why I "carry" at all times and especially in my bus. (bus related again Wink) If you think your local "fuzz" ( Grin I do remember that!  Cheesy) is bad about their "performance" for you, just think if you are traveling thru somewhere and have little or no pressure to exert on them in your case!!! (bus related again Wink)You will definitely get blown off. They truly are there to "investigate", as anyone knows, and they can't be everywhere! I do believe that "most" do their best. I have known good ones and bad ones....Just like anything and everything else. But having the "power" they do does make it a little more concerning. 

This IS a "Bus Topic".
  Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
Cary and Don

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2011, 07:43:49 AM »

I think a lot of people go into police work with good intentions.  Then they realize that they have joined a gang.  The good ones get out,  some of them just conform and stay out of they way until they can retire, and the others get with the program.  It's an us versus you mentality.  Watch some of those reality cop shows and see how excited they get when they are involved in something.  They are less in control of themselves than the supposed criminal. 

A kid we know well  is the sweetest kid you could ever meet.  An eagle scout.  He always wanted to be a police officer so he could "save" people.  He got a job as a correction officer at a major prison.  We were stunned one day,  he was so excited about being in on his first "beat down" of a prisoner. If this kid can end up with this attitude what happens to the kid that is aggressive my nature?

The police may be your friend if you are a little old lady.  Wait,  they shot one of those here recently.

Don and Cary
1973 Eagle 05
4107 GMC
Neoplan AN340

1973 05 Eagle
Neoplan AN340
eddiepotts

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2011, 08:48:25 AM »

I agree this is bus topic when some call it their home. I would think in most cases it is a long shot of your day to turning real bad as that lady in the video had it. One of the things that I feel that gets missed is PROCEDURES of the police. That was stated a few times in that video. They were following procedure. Who polices those procedures. The police are a necessary evil but come on. If you feel your in the right you should have the right to defend yourself for it. There was a show on awhile back that showed jail houses. One of the things that would make me mad was how the police do not have to tell you why they are doing something to you. Just like the lady in the video she kept repeating "why are yall doing this" The cops never told her anything they just keep stripping her down. They wonder why we go down kicking and screaming. The all mighty cops think we are the animals. The one thing about the police is no matter how many you can fight off they will keep coming until they have the numbers they need until you are their puppet but we as citizens will just stand there and video it for youtube. Just like we are today. We can talk but who has made one call to anyone that can make a change. They next one in line are the lawyers. I know my limitations of what I can do and if their was a problem in my comunity where we had no water because the pumps were down I would be out there for free fixing them for everybody. Our legal system is broke down and our comunity is in trouble but I rarely hear of a Layer standing up for free to get it fixed. Just another law they get paid to defend someone with. Win or loose your going to pay them. For the people who full time, look this up. In New Mexico maybe other places if your carry the minimum insurance on your coach and have a fender bender where the people fall out, go to the hospital to get checked out guess what. If it goes over your coverage you loose your BUS "home" to the idiots that closed your gap. They do not let you homestead a movable vehicle or they do not care if it is a necessity for your work. You are left walking away from the courthouse homeless if you do not have the cash to pay for the rest of their lawyer fees and rehab. I am going back to sitting on my hands. I have typed enough.
Dave5Cs

1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71 HT-740 Allison, Roseville, CA

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2011, 09:43:14 AM »

In Colorado they have had the No-Knock law for years. Haven't been taking guns or much else. Don't know why people freak out every time it is only a possibility. If you don't like the law or possibility write your leaders in Washington in mass or don't vote them in next time. FWIW
Like one guy said on the news would you use your gun on a officer coming into your house and he said yes. OK so you would be dead or an officer and you would be dead, So excuse me what rights do you have if you are dead???
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 09:46:45 AM by Dave5Cs » Logged

JLL

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2011, 09:46:46 AM »

I have to comment on at least one good Nevada Hi Way  cop.
I broke down about 75 miles east of Reno.  With in 5 minutes a patroman stopped and offered to help.  He gave me exact numbers to tell good sam road service where  we were.   miles markers etc.   He stayed with us until  help arrived. WE also got toad 60 miles in to Sparks.
JLL
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: