Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 23, 2014, 02:59:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Roadside assistance  (Read 3376 times)
opus

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2011, 05:02:45 PM »

No experience with it but I did talk to them about it.  They said they will tow you cross country if you want....at your expense.  They will however tow you to the nearest compatible repair shop, is what he told me.

1995 BB All-American - A Transformation.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2011, 08:22:47 PM »

Yes I do they will tow it to your house if asked you do not have to take it to the nearest repair center you need to remember they are talking about S&S jobs they are very understanding about a buses needs.I just tell the guy or girl where I want to go it has never been a problem for me or Coachnet they have always asked if I had a place were I wanted to go

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
desi arnaz

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2011, 04:31:17 AM »

i have called coachnet 3 times and they never show up or call back. they make you wait for a return call.  1st time i need 10 gallons of 40 wt oil they never called back.
2nd time i needed a jump, they never called back. the last time i was in Brooklyn NY and my gear shifter broke off at the base. they said  they would not tow it 4 up and that they had to remove the drive-shaft to tow it. but they would call me back. i waited almost an hour, it was  getting dark and i heard gunshots. i decided to go back to the tranny and put a vice grip on the linkage to get her to shift. they finally called me as i was in the middle of the gw bridge, i told the to g.f.y.....

thomas f  Bethlehem n.h
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2011, 05:27:36 AM »

The couple of times I have had to call Coach-Net they did as promised.  Only once did they actually have to dispatch someone and they came.  I'm not sure why one person has had so much bad luck with them.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2011, 05:41:07 AM »

Is it still policy to belong to FMCA to sign up for CNet?  It was when we first got our coach, we have had good luck with Progressive since that time. Just sayin'

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
saddleup

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2011, 05:45:50 AM »

Van, you dont have to belong to fmca or any other group.
Matt

Battle Mountain,NV  Molson,Wa  Yuma,Az

1974 Eagle 05 On the road, to Somewhere
opus

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2011, 06:50:06 AM »

Yes I do they will tow it to your house if asked you do not have to take it to the nearest repair center you need to remember they are talking about S&S jobs they are very understanding about a buses needs.I just tell the guy or girl where I want to go it has never been a problem for me or Coachnet they have always asked if I had a place were I wanted to go

good luck

But if your house is 100 miles further than the repair center, he told me that I would have to pay the difference in the distance.  Maybe he was wrong in saying.

1995 BB All-American - A Transformation.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2011, 07:04:50 AM »

I know for sure Coach/net,AAA and Progressive will tow to your house Van has had Progressive tow his bus to my house 2 times Coachnet towed another friends bus here from Kingman Az.both were on low bed trailers not hooks
I know the guy in Lake Havasu that formed Coachnet in 2000 I missed the boat on that one lol.
 FMCA provided the funding for him in the beginning that is where the FMCA tie came in he paid that back and open the service to all RV's and has since sold Coach/Net but he still sets on the board and they have moved the operations from Havasu to the Dallas area still the premier tow service for RV's.
Towing a bus is a different deal how many bus shops do you guys know of they are not on every corner like RV dealers so they will take it where ever you choose with in the limits of your policy doesn't cost them any more they pay a flat rate for towing where 3 miles or 100 miles that is the reason they make the call to the Tow CO not you and never any up front monies

good luck  
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 07:09:37 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2011, 08:21:45 AM »

Thanks Clifford, we have been well pleased with our current provider but now maybe we should take a look at CN to compare prices as well as services (always looking for that better deal Wink ) If CN sends a matching rig (like Progressive did  Grin) we might be swayed to switch Wink

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2011, 08:33:34 AM »

I have always told CoachNet to send a lowbed when I request to go to Stewart and Stevenson in El Paso they rerouted the tow co to clear a bridge he was to high to clear about 15 mile out of the way and there was a place that said they could do the repairs 18 miles from where I broke down and I said no so they sent a service out 70 miles from El Paso and took it to Stewart and Stevenson for me never even a question on their part 

good luck

busenthusiast

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2011, 03:29:13 PM »

Hearing that Progressive will tow home makes me second guess the Coach-net thing.....but if Coach-net's services are comparable to AAA, then I could save some money by making the swap and cancelling my service with AAA.

Anybody ever used Coach-net for automobile issues? Are they just as good? I've never used the AAA service before so I have no experience...
Iceni John

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2011, 04:07:12 PM »

I have Good Sam, and have wondered who decides where the nearest appropriate repair facility is  -  the tow truck driver, Good Sam, or me?   I now never drive my bus more than one or two hundred miles from here.

Good Sam's wording is "Unlimited Distance Towing to the Nearest Independent Professional Service Center.Good Sam ERS will pay 100% of your towing fees to the nearest independent professional service center, even for specialized RV towing, and even if the distance is HUNDREDS of miles!"   I have used ABC Bus here for two routine servicings, and they are one of the few places I trust working on it.   I certainly don't want it worked on at most typical RV dealers or truck repairers!

If I insist on it being taken to ABC, but there's an RV dealer nearby, who prevails?   Has anyone here ever been in this situation with Good Sam?

John

1990 Crown 2R-40N-552:  6V92TAC, DDEC II, HT740, Jake.      Hecho en Chino.     
Behind the Orange Curtain, SoCal.
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2011, 04:25:19 PM »

Generally, the call center decides which repair facility to go with.  This is usually the closest facility the call center believes can repair your vehicle.  I've heard of people who have requested another facility and the company has agreed as long as the distance isn't too far.

I suspect if you ask the company line will be they tow to the closest qualified repair center.  I don't know how the insurance companies that don't have call centers and pay after the fact handle the towing distance issue.  If you bypassed ten service centers to go an extra 100 miles would they cover the tow?

My insurance company has free roadside assistance, but it doesn't cover RVs so I have Coach-Net.  I would rather have someone else to find a tow anyhow.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2011, 04:42:40 PM »

I have used CN twice to have my jeep towed to a shop.  Been very happy with them.

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
Red Rider
God put me here to accomplish certain things--- I'm so far behind I'll never die.

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2011, 08:10:36 AM »

Hey Van,

Nice pic.

I changed from progressive to CN this year.Strictly an economical issue. I got a better INS. rate that saved me the entire CN annual fee. Last year I had need to have my 4106 towed from the fuel dock to the backlot of a Loves outside las Vegas and progressive was prompt, efficient and no up front costs.

Just say'n

Mike AKA; Red Rider 4106-1885
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: