Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 21, 2014, 08:42:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Roadside assistance  (Read 3369 times)
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2011, 06:53:50 PM »

Who said "you betch'm Red Rider"?

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2011, 07:33:00 PM »

Canadians can check out the Explorer RV club.

http://www.explorer-rvclub.com/road_service/emergency_road_service.html

Used it on the personal vehicle a bunch of years ago due to all but the last one of the wheel studs snapping off... damn mechanics and their air tools...

There is a lot of overlap between these services.

The same tow companies are qualified with multiple of these subscriptions.

As the previous posts have shown, a busnut should regard one of these services as the cost of doing business. You will pay dearly without a subscription or other connection.

We are playing a personal hobby in a business world, where costs get passed on to customers.

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
Oonrahnjay

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2011, 09:58:30 AM »

(snip)  Anybody ever used Coach-net for automobile issues? Are they just as good? I'e never used the AAA service before so I have no experience... 

I came out of the grocery store a few months ago - couldn't find my car key; no spare.  Looked 3 hours.  CN got a wrecker there immediately, towed me to a VW place.  No charge.  About 2 years before, Laura had the clutch frag on her TDI wagon; we were 79 miles from home; dealer is 4 miles from home.  She's been a AAA member for 24 years; they said "you're out of the service district - we'll only cover $100 of the tow".  Her pay was $289.

Everything about my CN experience was positive.  Sharp people on the phone, immediately understood my need, got it set up quickly, called me back at every stage to let me know that it was working OK.

Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long
6-cyl, 4-stroke, Leyland O-680 engine

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: