Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 07:07:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I don't like busses anymore  (Read 2705 times)
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2011, 03:34:36 PM »

It ended up taking me most of the day to repaint the top of the bus after the chipping away and cleaning that I did yesterday. If I had gotten after it I could have done it in a couple of hours but..... visitors, drinking some cold ones and then watching a movie in the bus slowed down progress! But alas, a pretty good day.

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2011, 04:05:05 PM »

You should know by now that a five minute job takes five hours, I thought you were smarter than that.  Grin

Did you ever find or get rid of the mice?

So if I read this right...You have a s#%t house mouse that farts candles...Cable

Thanks, I just spit Pepsi all over my laptop!
That was funny!!!  There was no finding them they were obviously everywhere.  We had to get rid of the bedding and take everything out and clean with bleach top to bottom.

1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2011, 04:10:15 PM »

Well believe itor not my big hiney fit in the cabinet behind the bed.  We got the old bolts out and now need to go back in with the new.  I am going to swing by Grainger to pick up some stainless molly bolts.  That way I can bolt it on from the outside and not have to crawl back in that hole to get the nuts on new bolts.  Once that is done I can put everything back together.  Next time I will pick an easier project like peace in the middle east or paying off the national deficit Grin

www.snakebreaker.com
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2011, 04:19:27 PM »

So whats next?   I can't wait.

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
desi arnaz

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2011, 05:05:03 PM »

i sent photos of your next project. it took me about half an hour to mount the cameras and do the wiring. i now nee another 7 inch screen though.

thomas f  Bethlehem n.h
fe2_o3

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2011, 09:26:47 PM »

Paul,  I'm really sorry about your laptop. Da devil made me do it...Cable

Sofar Sogood
1953-4104
KB7LJR
Everett, WA.
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2011, 03:30:06 AM »

So whats next?   I can't wait.

John
The next project is going to be a doozie!!  I intend to pull the gen, freshtank, black tanl and everything in bay #3.  Attempt to fix the main tank fuel guage while I am in there.  Then remote mount the gen radiator and put everything back in the way it should have been done in the first place.

www.snakebreaker.com
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2011, 07:29:26 AM »

I wish I were closer. Roll Eyes  You would be fun to watch Grin  We will need a thread devoted to your newest adventure.  AND pics.      OOOWWWWW!   Black tanks, you say?

Later,

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2011, 04:14:05 PM »

I wish I were closer. Roll Eyes  You would be fun to watch Grin  We will need a thread devoted to your newest adventure.  AND pics.      OOOWWWWW!   Black tanks, you say?

Later,

John
If you lived closer i'd try to put you to work Grin.  Yes the bus was set up wrong.  For a cooler climate it would be OK but down here it is not OK.  It is set up where the radiator fan on the gen is turned backwards to push air through the radiator and ultimately out through a grated hole in the bay door.  It works great with wind hitting the left side of the bus where the air intake is located.  Get a wind on the other side and it won't allow the hot air to escape.  It overheats the gen and shuts it off.  Loverbus and I talked about it a long time ago and he suggested remote mounting the radiator.  That is what I am going to do.  It can't be a 1 part fix as the fersh tank, black tank and gen are all in the same bay.  So if I have to take it all out I might as well tackle the fuel guage sending unit trouble, whatever that may be and if I can get to it.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 04:16:15 PM by wal1809 » Logged

www.snakebreaker.com
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: