Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 21, 2014, 01:26:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Last Post about Timmonsville! 1 WEEK TO GO  (Read 4279 times)
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2006, 06:20:51 PM »

Thanks Cat...what's "smores"? 
I"ll forward this to T's computor so she can take appropriate action.   
Thanks for suggesting she not sell me again. 
JR 

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand
Dallas

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2006, 06:28:59 PM »

Dallas,  it pleases me to advise that the band payment check has cleared and your entertainment (...one of TWO entertainment groups) will arrive on Friday morn!   And best of all, your bass player will arrive on Thursday!  Thursday's entertainment may be a little sparse...a solo bass player can only do so much.  Light percussive elements will be the note of Thursday evening....the sound of pop-tops on Milwaukee's Cheapest....Best.   Can't afford them Cronies! Roll Eyes
However, due to your  generosity, Friday's and Saturday's entertainment should be much improved....MD 20/20!!
When is the Gospel group arriving?  We're gonna need them. 
Dallas, thanks for the fuel donation too!  Every little bit helps! 
See you Thursday afternoon!  All excited and everything you know!    Cheesy
Best Regards, JR  Cool

BTW, BK,  may I suggest that you send Cap'n Ron a reasonable "love offering"  and get him down there!  Don't let Dallas get ahead of you....it's all in the entertainment!   Wink

Your muchly welcome JR!
I didn't know exactly how much fuel both of the units would take to fill so I sent exactly double what I sent the last time.
If there is any left over, just add it to the Mill's Best Contribution.

If you don't mind, I'll be glad to get my old guitar out and play some rythm to you and Terri's lead. And Gary Labombard, our resident expert on the 6 string banjo should be available. I'm almost sure we can find someone to grab a comb and tissue paper and someone else to bang on a pot!

John and the gospel group should be here friday night so that you guys get a break, but I think they have to leave sunday morning to make a gig in another state by sunday afternoon.

Hurry down soon and safely!
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2006, 06:36:50 PM »

JR, Smores are graham crackers, hershey's chocolate and marshmallows all warm and gooey.  They might not go great with  your "best" but they are sooooooo good.  Please send the note to Terri, she will know about smores.  All good girl scouts do.  Cat

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2006, 06:40:35 PM »

Dallas, for what you've paid us'ns, we don't need no break.  We'll just pick along with the Gospel Group (they'll love that!)....no problemo!
May sit around and tell lies on Thursday nite....supposed to be just great weather for tellin lies and poppin tops!
Terri won't be down unitl Friday afternoon....I told her I'd try to have the sat dish set up by then....that gives me about 24 hours...more or less.  Huh
JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2006, 06:42:59 PM »

Dallas,  it pleases me to advise that the band payment check has cleared and your entertainment (...one of TWO entertainment groups) will arrive on Friday morn!  Dallas, thanks for the fuel donation too!  Every little bit helps! 
See you Thursday afternoon!  All excited and everything you know!    Cheesy
Best Regards, JR  Cool

BTW, BK,  may I suggest that you send Cap'n Ron a reasonable "love offering"  and get him down there!  Don't let Dallas get ahead of you....it's all in the entertainment!   Wink 

Hey JR, I wish I could afford the entertainment part, so far I've had 2 paid registrations! And since the news of possibly having a great Capt'n Ron Show I've heard even less about anyone coming than before when I was constantly bumpimg the event try'n to stir intrest in it! I dunno who all is planning to show and I'd love to be able to provide good entertainment, but if I can't get people to respond to the Capt'n's generous offer of showing up and doing a show for fuel $ I don't know what else to do! I'm not rich (as a matter of fact I have to pay a driver to run my bus [something I hate & and seldom do!] that week-end as Mom & Dad will be in East TN with one of their loyal sports teams) and I'm not putting this thing together to make $, I jsut wanna be able to pay for food, and goodies out of the $ generated! But I may have a plan that may work!  I gotta make some calls to a couple of places tomarrow! BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2006, 06:46:13 PM »

JR, Smores are graham crackers, hershey's chocolate and marshmallows all warm and gooey. They might not go great with your "best" but they are sooooooo good. Please send the note to Terri, she will know about smores. All good girl scouts do. Cat

OK...you're right...not the first choice in snacks with MC!
And, Terri was a GOOOOD girl scout...I garuntee!   Still is!  Wink
JR

Is it too obvious that I'm working on my Junior Hero level??

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC

Ayn Rand
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2006, 06:51:40 PM »

For anyone that had not planned to show up for the T'ville gathering, we have a surprise we have been keeping a secret until now.  Dallas is going to do his version of the ballet Swan Lake.  For those that have already paid your deposit......too late dudes...... ya ain't gettin' it back, you are stuck coming to watch this production.  But there is a bright side to it.  For a $2 donation he will do an encore.  For $20 he will cease and desist, never more to do this again. Cat  (PS:  don't tell him I told you about this)

NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2006, 06:56:05 PM »

BK, why don't you just bring yourself down here for the weekend?  If you have any friends that fly small aircraft, wouldn't be expensive or time consuming.  Think of it as business trip....a "business in-service"...you know...Special High Intensity Training....write it off your taxes.  If there's a better way to open a Cronie...we'll figure it out!
Bus rallys are waay too much trouble to promote!   I have promoted several Bluegrass festivals and have summarily retired from promoting anything.   If weather don't getcha, something else might.  
Good luck with your rally...you never know how they'll turn out until they do!  Lots of folk won't RSVP...they'll just show.  Makes it sorta hard to plan.
Best, JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC

Ayn Rand
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2006, 06:59:38 PM »

For anyone that had not planned to show up for the T'ville gathering, we have a surprise we have been keeping a secret until now.  Dallas is going to do his version of the ballet Swan Lake.  For those that have already paid your deposit......too late dudes...... ya ain't gettin' it back, you are stuck coming to watch this production.  But there is a bright side to it.  For a $2 donation he will do an encore.  For $20 he will cease and desist, never more to do this again. Cat  (PS:  don't tell him I told you about this)

For those who can't stand the thought of Dallas in tights & leotards there's still openings at the "TN FALL BUS BASH @ KNUCKLE'S" LOL!  BK  Grin

And we won't bribe ya to pay us to cease and dismiss any deplorable & unimagineable acts! (wouldn't help anyway, if we was that drunk we'd take the $ and keep on doing it! LOL!)

Just kid'n Cat !(by the way, is he really gonna do that?Huh? naw don't tell me I'll wait and hear about it in the reviews! I gotta go get 4 cold Mic lights just to wash the thought of it outta my mind! LOL! BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2006, 07:18:37 PM »

BK, why don't you just bring yourself down here for the weekend? [/qoute]

I've gotta run the bus I got 6 booked and we only own 2 LOL!  (I got 1 borrowed I'll have to drive & 3 subbed out!)

If you have any friends that fly small aircraft, wouldn't be expensive or time consuming.

Actually i do have a friend who fly's and will/does fly us anywhere we need to go for the cost of fuel !(so he can keep up his flight time and still afford to own his plane on a High School Football Coaches pay!LOL!)

[quote ] Think of it as business trip....a "business in-service"...you know...Special High Intensity Training....write it off your taxes.  If there's a better way to open a Cronie...we'll figure it out!

( I hear ya! And I also read between the lines! LOL!
Bus rallys are waay too much trouble to promote!   I have promoted several Bluegrass festivals and have summarily retired from promoting anything.   If weather don't getcha, something else might.  

I hear ya again! LOL!
Good luck with your rally...you never know how they'll turn out until they do!  Lots of folk won't RSVP...they'll just show.  Makes it sorta hard to plan
Best, JR
And yes I agree & I'm learning! LOL! BK   Grin

Now it'll be interesting to see just how bad I got this screwed up! LOL!

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Ace

« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2006, 08:14:25 PM »

In case you guys forgot, in the entertainment field, there will be Allan Kline huffing and puffing on a mouth harp and my very own Susan strumming her bluegrass fiddle! I'll be helping with gthe pop-a-top backround!  Wink

Yes I will remember to bring the large coffee pot!

Ace
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2006, 05:20:35 AM »

Thanks Ace, I didn't think you would but with the mornings being really cool, I wanted to be sure we were able to have tons of coffee for Dallas.  He could drink that whole pot and then some every day.  LOL  I will have a smaller pot for decaf for anyone that prefers that. 
I'm looking forward to hearing Susan play.  I have always wanted to play the fiddle so maybe I can hint for a short lesson to see if I have any talent hidden inside me.    Cat

NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2006, 10:56:54 AM »

In case you guys forgot, in the entertainment field, there will be Allan Kline huffing and puffing on a mouth harp and my very own Susan strumming her bluegrass fiddle! I'll be helping with gthe pop-a-top backround! Wink
Ace

We haven't forgotten....we were sorta counting on Susan's fiddle!  A harp is good too! 
We aren't really a "band"...just weekend pickers!  Dallas may have overpaid us a little....??  Hey, that's entertainment! 
There is going to be a real Pro Gospel group present.  Believe on Friday and Saturday.   
Don't know if the new cruise control will work, but the bus still runs. 
Best, JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC

Ayn Rand
Dallas

« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2006, 06:07:13 PM »

Lets see if I can get this to work right.

Here is an attempt at a map to show directions to the rally. Where you want to be is at #3 which is exit 150 on I-95 go west 200yds and watch for the dinosaur
When you see him, turn RIGHT.

If coming from Timmonsville on SR403, head east until just about 400yds before the freeway overpass and look on your left for the dinosaur. When you see him, turn LEFT.

NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2006, 06:53:27 PM »

Dallas,  Nice map!   
Is there any cheap diesel fuel nearby?  It ain't cheap up here in NC yet.  As I remember, there was not any fuel at exit 150? 
Got the bus all ready....sitting up here at the house.   I didn't know if it would start after messing around with the DDEC wiring.  Had a lot of goodies unplugged when installing the cruise control.  Hope that sucker works.  Be nice to have cruise.  If it doesn't work...install a Rostra I reckon.  Or see if I can figure it out.  Haven't found anyone familiar with a DDEC 1 cruise control...but?Huh 
Later, JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC

Ayn Rand
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: