Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 23, 2014, 10:41:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Last Post about Timmonsville! 1 WEEK TO GO  (Read 4178 times)
Dallas

« on: September 26, 2006, 05:16:58 AM »

Hey all, I am making this my last post to remind everyone that the Timmonsville, SC Get Together is coming up in 1 more week. October 5th through the 8th.
We are going to have Jack COnrad cutting holes in Bob Wies' door, I'm gonna try and repeat my success at aluminum welding with my small MIG welder.
Live Bluegrass and Gospel music is planned, (by the way, I hear we need a banjo picker, any volunteers)?
A pig is gonna get cooked, we'll also be having a Swap Meet to unload all the junk, unh, priceless treasure you've been hoarding.

More information and a registration form is available at:
http://www.busconversionstuff.com/eventpage.htm

If you can't make that one, make sure you don't miss Bryce Gastons, TN FALL BUSH BASH @ Knuckle's" Oct 26th-31st. And you can eat and drink your fill and get to pull your coach over the pit for a good inspection and a chance to accomplish some small underneath jobs!
More information on this one is at:
http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?topic=1160.0

And one more to mention:
The NJT get together sponsered by Christy and Larry Hicks in Carthage, Mo.

Information is at:
http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?topic=876.0
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 03:25:07 AM by Dallas » Logged
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 03:52:40 PM »

Dallas,

OK...Your final warning has me getting serious about getting ready..... Tongue

Just came in from dropping the muffler in my preparation for traveling to T-ville(update on that with pictures in another topic)

I know...I know.......  Wink

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 08:59:02 PM »

I'm offering moral support Cliff!  You will soon feel much better about how swell the job is going.   Wink
Hope you get it done.   Looked mighty comolicted in the pix.  YOU can do it! 
Dallas, the Timmonsville links aren't working.  I've been to them before, but cannot access yours and BKs.  Christy's works.
I'm trying to forward it to a guy in Siler City, and cannot.....could ya fix it???
Thanks, JR   

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand
Dallas

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 03:26:55 AM »

I'm offering moral support Cliff!  You will soon feel much better about how swell the job is going.   Wink
Hope you get it done.   Looked mighty comolicted in the pix.  YOU can do it! 
Dallas, the Timmonsville links aren't working.  I've been to them before, but cannot access yours and BKs.  Christy's works.
I'm trying to forward it to a guy in Siler City, and cannot.....could ya fix it???
Thanks, JR   

OK JR, It's fixed.

At least mine is. (I can't spell!). BK's already worked for me so I don't know what was wrong with it before

Dallas
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2006, 05:25:39 AM »

Yep. It works now.  See you next Thursday! Thanks!  JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2006, 08:30:35 PM »

Now I see...it wasn't this link. It's the one posted on BNO I think...??  BNO still doesn't work...but the below link does.  I sent it to an NJT owner over in Siler City.  He may make it down.    I told him How WONDERFUL it was!
Cool huh?  Hmmmm....I thing I've said this already. 
Been busy and very tired.  Got the bus ready to go...now if it'll start.  I'll find out this weekend.  Love to see that cruise control work too!  That would be cool!
Cheers, and see ya soon! JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC

Ayn Rand
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2006, 07:41:10 AM »

Terri axes me if this is going to be a "Pot Luck" side thingy similar to last year?   Reckon you better put Bubbagal on so we can work this out!    What is needed?   Let me know!
I'll be down on Thursday, so if you need help with anything...NCBob will be ready!  Cheesy
Let T know about foodstuffs!

Best, JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC

Ayn Rand
Dallas

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2006, 09:17:45 AM »

Yessir, Mister 5047,
We are planning on having potluck dinners so that everyone can participate and no one has to work to hard at cooking.

We were trying to talk Mcd's and Piece-a-hut into setting up, but they cordially reclined.

Bring whatever you want to eat because no matter what it is, after Bob and Ace's Corona's no one will be able to taste it anyway.

Actually, I'm just funnin'. I'll have Cat get on here tonight and let all of us males know where we stand, or sit, or sleep as the case may be.

See ya all thursday.
(By the way, tell Bob to pour lots more ice on top of those 12 cases!)
Ace

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2006, 10:10:53 AM »

Ahhh yes... Corona's

Wink
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2006, 02:01:46 PM »

Dallas, are you on route 403 at I-95? Looks like 403 from I-20 would be better route for me than going all the way to I-95 and then south to exit 150.  What say you?
Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Dallas

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2006, 03:21:01 PM »

Richard,
Yes we are right on SR403 about 200 yards off of I-95.
Although SR403 is a good road, it really doesn't save much more than 2 miles when used as an alternative to going down I-95 and getting off at exit 150. It also can be about 15 minutes longer because of the lower speed limit and having to go through town. Our town has two stop lights and the one you have to go through on the SR403 route is not the most reliable.

Later this evening, or in the morning I'll post a map and directions for the easiest ways to get here.

Dallas

Dallas, are you on route 403 at I-95? Looks like 403 from I-20 would be better route for me than going all the way to I-95 and then south to exit 150.  What say you?
Richard
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2006, 05:13:56 PM »

Dallas,
   Email me your phone number, I need to call you Monday AM about someone wanting to attend.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Dallas

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2006, 05:18:53 PM »

Dallas,
   Email me your phone number, I need to call you Monday AM about someone wanting to attend.  Jack

Jack, it's in the moderators contact information topic on the xyz
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2006, 05:25:24 PM »

We are going to have burgers or something simple on Friday night so chips, slaw, and that type stuff would be great.  Those same type things would go great with the BBQ on Sat.  I hope to take Terri's idea of marshmallows and maybe make smores one night but it has been many, many years since I have done that so I will need some help in that area.  We could use some desserts also.  We have plates, cups, napkins, silverware and stuff already.  We will be having Krispy Kreme on Fri, Sat and Sun AM with coffee and juice (if Ace doesn't forget the big coffee pot).  Don't do anything that takes lots of time or trouble.

Also tell the women not to forget  their crafts, baked goods and household stuff that they want to get rid of.  No, they cannot use this opportunity to get rid of the men folk, or vice versa.

The main thing we want is for everyone to relax, enjoy  visiting and have a wonderful time.  This is not a weekend for everyone to wear themselves out getting ready for.  It is for FUN!!!!!!!   Cat
« Last Edit: October 01, 2006, 05:36:13 PM by Dallas » Logged

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2006, 06:13:45 PM »

Dallas,  it pleases me to advise that the band payment check has cleared and your entertainment (...one of TWO entertainment groups) will arrive on Friday morn!   And best of all, your bass player will arrive on Thursday!  Thursday's entertainment may be a little sparse...a solo bass player can only do so much.  Light percussive elements will be the note of Thursday evening....the sound of pop-tops on Milwaukee's Cheapest....Best.   Can't afford them Cronies! Roll Eyes
However, due to your  generosity, Friday's and Saturday's entertainment should be much improved....MD 20/20!!
When is the Gospel group arriving?  We're gonna need them. 
Dallas, thanks for the fuel donation too!  Every little bit helps! 
See you Thursday afternoon!  All excited and everything you know!    Cheesy
Best Regards, JR  Cool

BTW, BK,  may I suggest that you send Cap'n Ron a reasonable "love offering"  and get him down there!  Don't let Dallas get ahead of you....it's all in the entertainment!   Wink

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC

Ayn Rand
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: