Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 20, 2014, 05:05:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Finally done with back up cam  (Read 936 times)
wal1809

Ignore
« on: May 30, 2011, 02:48:07 PM »

What a PITA!!  I finally got all the floor and the baseboards and the camera cable run.  We have a cabinet behind our bed and that is where the cable had run before.  So to get at the old nuts holding the old camera in place I had to remove the carpet in that closet to get to the access hole.

Ysll might think this is stupid because I do.  Sometimes I am pretty hard headed and when I take on a project sometimes be damned the consequences I finish it.  To get the carpet back on the walls and complete this job I bought some brush on contact cement.  I pulled a stupid move.  I had to crawl my big butt into that closet and paint the walls with the glue.  I stayed too long and nearly passed out.  When I got out is when I realized how close I was to going out.  I couldn't walk, stand or even talk normal.  That was a couple hours ago and I am no longer dizzy but I don't feel well at all.  I think it burned my throat and nasal passages.

There is a warning on the can but it was obviously not placed there for me because I am me and warnings aren't made for me, ecause I am a dumb arse sometimes.  Just a heads up folks it can bite you in the hiney faster than you think.  At least it is done. now

1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 03:44:58 PM »

Don't know what it will do for you, but in might be a good idea to read the MSDS sheet to see if there is something you need to do. We don't want anything to happen to you, OK!

Hope the rest of your projects aren't as difficult.

Please be careful out there boys and girls!

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 03:48:02 PM »

Good idea I am going to call the 1-800 number on the can. I know they are going to tell me to go to the hospital but I aint going.  I will still call them though.  I can't believe people sniff that crap on purpose.

www.snakebreaker.com
oldmansax
Tom & Phyllis

'82 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 05:09:31 PM »

Wal1809,

I know you are anxious to take a trip in your bus but THAT'S TAKING IT A LITTLE TOO FAR!!!!!!!

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

TOM

'82 BlueBird WanderLodge PT40 being rebuilt
Delaware

DON'T STEAL! The government hates competition!
demodriver

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 05:33:53 PM »

Glad that you got out in time.  It could of got real ugly for you. 

Let us know what kind of camera you got and keep us posted on how you like it.

Eric
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2011, 08:34:24 PM »

This is the one I purchased.  I like it.  It said black and white but hte screen is green. 

I feel much better now.  That was just a stupid move to get something done that has been hanging over my head.  I knew crawling in there was not going to be a hole lot of fun but it got dangerous really fast. 

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=5.5+inches+back+up+camera&prmdo=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1345&bih=583&wrapid=tlif130681387200010&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=10221386395430371233&sa=X&ei=JGbkTcnOEKbq0QHLwbiwBw&ved=0CGgQ8wIwBA#

www.snakebreaker.com
blank

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2011, 08:42:01 PM »

I just read the MSDS and I think your in trouble. One of the long term effects is an unusual attraction to previously used cooking oil.  Roll Eyes

Seriously though, be careful, and we should all remind ourselves to do so as well.
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2011, 08:44:56 PM »

LOL you actually got me!!  That is why I put it out there.  I am usually very careful but got in a hurry to get done.

www.snakebreaker.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: