Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 07:50:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, your Online mags will be safe.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ECM Question  (Read 3406 times)
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2011, 11:40:31 AM »

Happens Ace the State of Wisconsin is big into it now days and growing state by state every day I noticed a ad for DOT people in the Idaho paper they are looking for 2 requires a collage degree.
Swift transportation has people that retrieve all that info from their trucks every time they hit Phoenix they don't care about the engine just the data about the driver and the way the truck has been driven they could care less about any codes that part is for the mechanics,I think it is just a way to stoop around in the trucks myself and fwiw I have saw the officers checking the ABS brakes on the trailers with that little hand held also it is a electronic age we live in now

good luck
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 11:59:12 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
Don Fairchild

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2011, 01:01:01 PM »

Clifford, I am with Bryce on this one. If cole puts on a class I would also go to it.

Don
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2011, 01:56:01 PM »

See what I do for you 2 he is at Ft Hood right now for 6 weeks working his magic on the creme of the crop that being our men and women in uniform I had no idea the military had so many electronic 60 series engines and old 2 strokes 

good luck

JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2011, 03:27:21 PM »

John, the backup battery on a DDEC has to work in the trucking industry

nowhere to hide with a electronic engine they can check your log book against the data in that little box lol and it doesn't lie it has all the history in there  
good luck

CXlifford,

Wouldn't dream of challenging you on any subject trucking.  Or D engines and a host of other topics all of which I am not yet aware of.  As conversion "owner operators" are we responsible to keep DOT associated engine data available to any enforcement officer that wants to check our log books?  Say, what?

As for lying....I have ferreted out too many crooked defense contractors that postulated that "numbers don't lie", "test data can't be forged" and "computers cannot be manipulated".  Admittedly, that circumstance isn't always likely, and this is probably one of them, but I will hang my hat on a homily never again.LOL

And my hat is still off,

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2011, 03:43:35 PM »

I don't think any law officer would worry about RV now a commercial bus is a different story never heard of a RV owner keeping a log book or the owner having a physical unless he has CDL's some of the bus owners I have met over the years the physical would do them in lol 

good luck

Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2011, 05:44:39 PM »

having a physical unless he has CDL's some of the bus owners I have met over the years the physical would do them in lol 
good luck

LOL! Hey you been talking to my Dr? He threatens me every 2 yrs about my weight and then goes on to tell exactly how much I gained this yr, and that yr and that yr and that yr. and on and on and on! Thank goodness I only have to renew my physical every two yrs!
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2011, 06:00:33 PM »

I know on the Ice Road Truckers show last year that the trucking company checks the ECM for max speed and average speed.  One of the drivers on the show almost got fired because his ECM showed a max speed in the 60s.  I recall they wanted the average under 40 MPH I think.  I can't imagine averaging under 40 MPH on a 1000 mile trip.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
niles500
Niles500

ROSIE

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2011, 07:26:41 PM »

If you ever get a chance to run the Dalton or the Dempster you'll understand  Wink

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2011, 06:55:19 AM »

If you ever get a chance to run the Dalton or the Dempster you'll understand  Wink

I understand why you need to average under 40 MPH on that road.  I just don't know that I could personally stand to drive under 40 MPH for 1,000 miles.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2011, 07:40:08 AM »

Clifford, I would love to take the course as well.  There might be enough demand just from this group to justify a special session - perhaps at a rally somewhere.

If it take it, will my hair grow back Grin?

Jim

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
’85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/
uncle ned

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2011, 08:44:44 AM »

Belfert 

It must be a age thing.  I now have no trouble traveling at 35 to 40 mph up the Blue ridge parkway and then the Skyline Drive.

Also on my way to Jacks rally  I travel down 321 then 301 then 17 to Arcadia. Great trip.\

May take several days but why hurry. Life is to short.

Also means the difference between 3 to 4 mpg and 9 to 10 mpg.

uncle ned

4104 with 6v92 and v730

4104's forever
6v92 v730
Huggy Bear
ArtGill

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2011, 04:54:12 PM »

If you can get hold of an old, not working ECM, take it to your local geek, computer hardware repairman.  Depending on the ECM generation, the battery maybe a button cell or the type that plugs into a chip socket and the memory chip plugs into the battery.  The repairman may also know how to change the battery without killing your ECM.  With all that info you can decide if you want to chance the battery replacement.

Art@the beach

Art & Cheryll Gill
Morehead City, NC
1989 Eagle Model 20 NJT, 6v92ta
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2011, 12:09:31 AM »

What art said.

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: