Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 23, 2014, 03:27:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Propane Tank Prices  (Read 948 times)
TomC

Ignore
« on: June 06, 2011, 01:06:00 AM »

I've run into a road block. Most of my new parts for my truck conversion I can buy direct from the manufacturer-like my water tanks at 1/2 price direct from Ronco Plastics.  But with the Manchester propane tanks, they won't sell to an end user (some BS about Homeland security and using the tanks as bombs!?).  So I had Camping World price the tank out.  It is a 28gal (112lb) tank and also priced with the remote gauge, 12vdc shut off valve, with shipping and sales tax-$1,334.89!!  The tank I want to use happens to be used on a Tiffin motorhome (68007RS)-I also called Tiffin since they had them in stock-same price. Or I could buy 2-30lb propane tanks with mounting and automatic switch over valve for about $200.00.

I would ultimately like to stay with the chassis mounted tank-but not at over $1,300.00.  Any suggestions?  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Gary '79 5C

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 01:39:39 AM »

TomC,

I would imagine you can tank the amateur who tried and failed to blow up propane tanks in Times Square.

I do not know if you could score a late model Tiffin someone is parting out, but that would be a long shot. After a crash I think I would want to verify the integrity of that tank as well.

Best of luck,

I was thinking of you last week, as someone was driving a new looking all white straight truck-home with a Freightliner power unit. It was moving south on Garden State Pkwy towards Cape May.

Experience is something you get Just after you needed it....
Ocean City, NJ
boogiethecat

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 03:00:31 AM »

keep an eye on ebay. Search "RV propane tank"
There's a few slightly  larger ones, new, decent prices, right now...

item 280691364269

1962 Crown
San Diego, Ca
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 06:51:58 AM »

You can use any frame mounted propane then use the remote fill cost about 35.00 bucks where do you live the dealer here had one for sale used for 50 bucks in Dec tested and stamped ,problem is you cannot ship a used propane tank he told me.
Me I would not go with the 2 bottles you have to find a place to mount those with losing bay space and venting the things are pita least amount of holes works for me lol that is why I like mounted tanks you don't go through that and they don't need to be tested all the time.
I really got PO last week I exchanged my bottle for the BBQ pit a while back went to have it filled the bottle I got from WM was out of date and the guy would not fill it he wanted to sell me a 50 dollar tank lol
Check the spare tire adds here Belfert had a new one for sale not long ago at a decent price.

TomC I'll check on the tank if he still has it I can send it to you by the way of Don Fairchild but you know his shipping rates are a little on the high side LOL and I can get you the remote fill panel with the bleeder for around 35 bucks but no 12v shutoff

good luck
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 07:35:54 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
Lee Bradley

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 10:35:35 AM »

As others have said, check ebay. A new Manchester 42 gallon frame mount for $680; buy now price, no bid.
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 07:07:45 PM »

I sold my propane tank at Bussin' 11.  I forgot all about the ad,

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 10:05:05 PM »

Thanks for the tip about Ebay.  The tank I had Camping World price was a 27.9gal Manchester tank for $1,334.89.  I found a 24.5gal Manchester tank with the remote gauge sender included with shipping for $370.08-just a bit less!!  My tank on my bus is 19gal-so I know this will work well.  It has bottom mounts, but will be able to figure something out.  Thanks to all that helped!  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: