Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 18, 2014, 08:33:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nowhere to run  (Read 2257 times)
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2011, 07:55:17 AM »

I have found wasps in my air horns before. Smiley  A couple of winters ago a guy 3 blocks away from us in Yuma was doing something on top of his rv and accidently stepped on a fan cover. Put his foot thru it, threw him off balance and fell off the coach and killed him.

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
DEMOMAN

1978 TMC MC8

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2011, 08:58:43 AM »

I have found that Brake Cleaner in the red can works well to get the Yellow Jackets and others.  It shoots far, evaporates on surfaces and is usually cheaper than the bug spray.

DEMOMAN

Like I don't have enough unfinished projects! Undecided

Eric
Sturtevant, WI
RoyJ

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2011, 07:54:57 PM »

Guess life would really suck for a guy that owns a double decker VanHool, climbs on his roof, and bump into that big hive!

Luckily here in Vancouver we don't have that many wasps. Atleast none on my bus so far.
Scott Bennett
Scott & Heather MCI-9

Scott & Heather

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2011, 08:30:26 AM »

I'm with the guys who use starting ether. Growing up, we had 50 acres in rural southwest Michigan, and wasps/hornets were constantly building nests in our tractor. I used starting ether and it will knock them out of the air. I think it eats their wings. Prevention-wise, we use Home Defense and bugs are never an issue anymore.

Scott & Heather
1984 MCI9 6V92-turbo with 9 inch roof raise & conversion in progress.
http://www.scottmichaelbennett.com/p/our-bus.html
˙ǝɯoɔlǝʍ suoıʇɐuop ˙snq ʍǝu ɐ pǝǝu ʎlqɐqoɹd ll,ǝʍ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
gus

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2011, 03:34:21 PM »

Wal,

What mixture proportions do you use with the dish detergent/water system? I use mostly Gunk to kill them now but your systems sounds better. You have to be very careful where you spray Gunk, it sure melts foam insulation!!

I will never use insecticides, that stuff is as poison to humans as to wasps!!

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: