Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 05:54:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Generator  (Read 2207 times)
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2011, 04:07:29 PM »

I have a liquid cooled Honda 6500 that is a propane unit. I can't argue with those that have diesel powered units because they are probably your best option. I would however hold out and lean the propane and liquid cooled way if you decide to go in that direction. Just another 2 cents in the till.....

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2011, 04:12:35 PM »

I Have it plumbed through removable 1"3/4 pointing down in the engine compartment for now, like I mentioned earlier it is only temporary. At one time I had mind to build a box for it, but it would only be a waste of materials for a gas jobby, besides the last thing I wanted was gas in an enclosed area. Let me say that mine is not the ideal way to go if you have a budget that allows the purchase of a suitable diesel or propane genny that would be the route I would take, me I am just getting by with mine till it's time belly up to the bar Wink best of luck. Smiley

Edit. just for the record, so long as you are mindful of the equipment's limitations and how much you ask it to do it should work fine. when we go on a trip it is basically pole to pole for elec, I power up what I need in the bus while working on it during the day.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 04:21:40 PM by van » Logged

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
chev49

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2011, 05:19:59 AM »

Speaking of diesel gensets... i think there is one in portland ore craigslist for $1000. posted recently.

If you want someone to hold your hand, join a union.
Union with Christ is the best one...
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: