Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 22, 2014, 05:46:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question for Dallas  (Read 1100 times)
BusCrazyTom

Ignore
« on: September 27, 2006, 10:54:48 AM »

Dallas,

There is a 1976 4905 that showed up in the bus section of E-jay today and it is located in Florence, SC. Thought thats the area you were in, so I'm just wondering if you knew this old coach at all?

Thanks
BusCrazyTom the Analog Dinosaur
Stupid Bus Newbie Smiley
Athens, GA
Dallas

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 01:25:47 PM »

Tom,
OK, I found it in eBay and have emailed the seller for information on the whereabouts of this coach.
From the description, it sounds like it's in pretty rough shape but I would be happy to go do an onsite inspection if anyone wanted me to.

Dallas
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 01:45:28 PM by Dallas » Logged
BusCrazyTom

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 02:15:40 PM »

Dallas,

Thanks for your response. I just saw it today. Gotta admit the rust scares me, along with the brakes. I also e-mailed the seller for more information to try to help me determine if its just a parts machine or if it might be a diamond in the rough. I appreciate your offer of inspection. I'll let you know if on my behalf once I hear more from seller.

Thanks for the kind assist,

Tom Weeks
BusCrazyTom the Analog Dinosaur
Stupid Bus Newbie Smiley
Dallas

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 03:49:36 PM »

I noticed in the photo's that there is another bus sitting there also. I wonder if a person could pick both up and make a single good one.

I know who the company that is selling it is, because they are a mailbox place that handles ebay sales for many people.

I may go down there tomorrow and see if I can get more information.
Dallas
BusCrazyTom

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2006, 04:06:41 PM »

Dallas,

I'd be interested to know as well. The other bus I saw in the picture behind the 4905 I thought might be a 4106, from the looks of the tail, but I couldn't tell.

Thanks
Tom
BusCrazyTom

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2006, 04:17:29 PM »

Yep, you are right, I must have missed it but there's another 4905 back there in the pictures.

Tom
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: