Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 28, 2014, 10:05:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: santa cruz/gilroy area parks etc for 40' to do monthly stay  (Read 770 times)
kbunnystarr

Ignore
« on: September 28, 2006, 10:09:22 AM »

asside from my bus not currently moving, i am also looking for a place to move to in the area some place between san luis obispo,ca and san jose, ca to move my bus and do monthly.  i am in havasu for my sister and her family, but it is not the place for me longterm, ....i have a dear friend in gilroy, ca currently and he suggested 'the garlic farm', but it is like $550 plus electric etc......is good for big rigs and all that.....but seems spendy, or am i off , is that a decent  price? i LOVE the ocean/water it is a big thing for me to be near if possible, but also need to make $ at my hair biz as well once my ca license goes thru.  anyway, anyone have any suggestions for that area?  i love soquel, capitola, santa cruz area, and if anyone knows that area, or a 'hidden' cool /reasonable place ffor a bus person.....please throw your ideas my way.

VERY much appreciated. Smiley

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 07:23:52 AM »

You do realize that $550.00/ month is only $18.35/day?  Pretty cheap living for near anywhere along the California coast.  Might check out Casa de Fruita near Gilroy.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Dallas

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 08:11:11 AM »

Kristine,

Anytime you want to stay where everyone else does, it's gonna cost a lot more money.

Why don't you decide what is really important to you and make some priorities?

If being close to the beach is that important, ask for a seasonal or yearly rate instead of a monthly rate. It may work out better.

Another option is to haul your butt down to the area, pay for a week of parking and drive around in the toad looking for one of the out of the way places that don't advertise. Lots of those are everywhere. Most of them are not in the books.

We pay $240/mo. in our campground, which includes water, sewer, garbage and electric, and we are 90 minutes from the ocean. The KOA up the road charges $273/mo. not including electric.
Over at the beach, (Myrtle Beach, Sc.) the going rate is around $9000/year not counting water, sewer or electric. That's about $750/month, and that's not as high as it goes in this area. My inlaws pay $12K/year so they can be in the same place year after year.

Heck of a deal, Hunh?

$550/month in California, I guess isn't too bad, but I'd look around when you get there and see what else you can find.

Good Luck,
 Dallas
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2006, 08:35:35 AM »

Don't know about California but in the southeast lots of mobile home parks have a few transient sites. They won't be resorts and they don't advertise but they will be less expensive.

Len

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: