Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 02, 2014, 03:05:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Engine Finally Arrived!!!! NOT A Good thing  (Read 4227 times)
muddog16
Example is more powerful than reproach. ~Aesop

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2011, 07:44:04 AM »

I'm Pat that Clifford referred to<<<<(i think)...the problem on my engine was my error not Penske/Jasper.....i failed to reconize at the time i needed the auxiliary drive for my power steering pump....i've since fixed my problem (installed the aux drive plate and gears for my engine....).   At the time I was still green to this bus stuff......now i'm just light green! Oh and if you get bored I've added more pics to my bus page!

Pat

1982 Prevost LeMirage
8V92TA/HT754

http://prevostlemirage.blogspot.com/
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2011, 07:50:19 AM »

OT  but how are the treatments going Pat I think about you everyday having been there done that and no I didn't want the tee shirt lol

best to you bud

Life is short drink the good wine first
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2011, 07:50:42 AM »

It won't be long before you are Alpine Green.

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
muddog16

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2011, 07:57:10 AM »

Clifford......thanks......4 more treatments.......i'm tired and sore......!  I still go out and plug around but I'm not very productive right now!    (not trying to steal the thread) sorry!

Pat

1982 Prevost LeMirage
8V92TA/HT754

Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2011, 10:03:23 AM »

Glad to see you posting Pat! Hope the remaining treatments go well.....

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
Lonnie time to go
Lonnie

Saginaw, Michgan

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2011, 05:11:44 PM »

Any word from fred.

Lonnie

1976 4905
fredcliff
Cliff Maus

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2011, 01:49:18 PM »

I still have not heard from National Power Supply they are pushing blame to builder. the builder says he was given the wrong engine Serial Number. I never talk with builder it all went through National Power Supply. At this point my Coach sits inside the shop. Old engine on floor and wrong engine sitting right next to it.  I"m loosing money,work and patients
fredcliff
Cliff Maus

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2011, 01:49:07 PM »

As it stands right now,the builder has agreed to send free of charge the parts need to modify this engine so that it can used in our coach. National Power supply REFUSES to stand behind their product and pay for labor. My recommendation is not ever use or suggest National Power Supply be used by anyone
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2011, 02:30:09 PM »

I would wager a soft drink the engine was built according to model and serial number that they were given you need to be careful when ordering a engine you need the build tag from the valve cover or this will happen and sometime happens with the tag lol.

I have had it happen when ordering parts with the serial number and model and you know it is a right hand engine with left hand model number
Was it built with the wrong accessory group or what,I think your guy should have a little responsibility unless you did all the ordering but if he gave you the numbers he should have knew better,me I am one of the guys that like to hear both sides of these stories    JMO

good luck
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 02:34:32 PM by luvrbus » Logged

robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2011, 02:49:32 PM »

I'm tight  : and would do my own. I understand you are in revenue service and couldn't wait. Not a good outcome for you or National: Would make me very cautious doing business with them ;but I'm like that any way. For some reason it is difficult to get what you need in today's market.  Let us know details. Exactly what was wrong? was it minor? Wish you a speedy solution and better days ahead.    Bob

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
Lonnie time to go
Lonnie

Saginaw, Michgan

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2011, 07:52:05 PM »

If National power hired the builder. Simple it all falls to National power to sue the builder if needed.
My view National should have to deal with the builder not you.
Make sure the parts will make the engine what you ordered. If the inside is not correct, the parts may cover problems later down the road.
Worse case get all you can without signing away your rights.
Then go after national power with the labor costs.

Just not good you have to fix everything.

Best of luck

Lonnie

c

1976 4905
blank

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2011, 08:10:13 PM »

Fred, saying its wrong isnt really telling us much. Is it the right engine with not exactly correct setup, or is it WAY WAY off? You say they will provide parts to correct it, so we can assume its at least the same engine, how many parts needed to make it work? Does it turn the right way, etc...
muddog16

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2011, 10:59:35 AM »

Fred it would be nice to actually know what is wrong with the new engine (what's different from the old engine).  You could even post photo's that might help!

Pat

1982 Prevost LeMirage
8V92TA/HT754

luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2011, 11:08:47 AM »

Probably wasn't built for the wacky stuff MCI does on the rear of the engines,Fred sent me a email telling what the problem was with National and just wants to leave it alone and wants his bus on the road you can always find enough blame for all parties on these deals 

good luck

JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2011, 12:30:05 PM »

I know what you all mean and I am in sympathy...regarding the "good ol'e days".  I miss them too.  I have noted that it is sooooo bad that even nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: