Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 16, 2014, 10:27:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Engine Finally Arrived!!!! NOT A Good thing  (Read 4231 times)
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2011, 12:53:42 PM »

I personally wish Fred would at least tell us what is wrong with it so the rest of us can learn from his bad experience!

I feel bad that he had a bad experience in the first place, but he is the one that started this thread and got everyone's curiosity up as to what the issue is.

I'm not blaming him, his mechanic, or National I just wanna find out what happened to learn how to avoid it in the future! 
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2011, 02:21:55 PM »

It's kinda like saying  that the Titanic "has a leak"  and leaving it at that.

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2011, 05:41:15 PM »

It's kinda like saying  that the Titanic "has a leak"  and leaving it at that.

Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
blank

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2011, 08:02:24 PM »

A wrong engine is a far different animal than a right engine not configured properly. If they can ship parts to re-configure it, then it is the right engine. If they are willing to ship the parts to configure it properly, but not supply the labor, they must feel they wernt given the correct information on the initial order.

In any case, without further information there is no way to offer knowledge in how best to remedy the situation. Knowing the actual problems you have would be a big help. Is it possible the company feels its simular to a long block, and its sold with the knowledge you may have to swap some parts around?
fredcliff
Cliff Maus

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2011, 01:02:29 PM »

OK I will tell you what is wrong with it. When it arrived on the wood pallet  the oil pan was smashed, upon further inspection we found out that is was a Truck engine totally the wrong one.  We also found four bolts broken off in the bell housing. It would never fit in the bus. As I learn more of what work is going to be done I will post it
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2011, 01:10:23 PM »

That one will require a ton of work I feel for you,I have friend here on the board he has a truck engine in his Eagle and bought a bus engine to replace the truck engine in the bus and everything has been modified for the truck engine he has work ahead also 

good luck
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 01:15:55 PM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
Ralph7

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2011, 03:23:52 PM »

Mine is a 8-71TA Fire truck engine. Did not want or need the big alt. so no need to change rear gear case, but the PS pump now runs off the blower drive. the auto trans has an air trans cooler,no water, NO bellhousing change, Air cleaner now paper and on right side.  Oil pan and oil pickup changed. NOW when he removes the oil pan have a real good look up inside..... I would very upset too, what size engine, pull valve cover check injector ##,  if 92 check turbo, make certain it looks new or rebuilt.
blank

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2011, 08:24:24 PM »

So, about $10-$12K for a truck engine that was dropped in shipping, that the company wont honor or stand behind, that you have to strip it and reassemble on your nickle just to make it work? Provided you dont find further damage and insults along the way??

Just wanted to see if I had the jist of the whole smelly deal straight.
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2011, 10:48:08 PM »

I must be missing something. Huh Angry

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2011, 04:54:31 AM »

We must remember he is in revenue service and needs his bus now! wether or not he is screwed or not doesn't make him a dime. needs short time resolution! 20-20 hind site-- let all us learn from his experience. buyer beware.----also buyer put it in writing in detail! very detailed.   Ben there done that(not engine) but do understand.  Bob

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: