Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
April 20, 2018, 04:06:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at (657) 221-0432 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Bus is leaning towards one side  (Read 2068 times)
Gary Hatt - Publisher BCM
Publisher - BCM
Help Team

Ignore
« on: June 20, 2011, 04:23:44 PM »

The last time I started my MC9 about 3 weeks ago, the airbags filled, but when I shut it down, the Drivers side air seems like it did not exhaust from the bags.  Is there some pressure relief valve that could be stuck that needs to be cleaned?  I have not driven the bus for over two years and have not drained the moisture from the air tanks.  I am assuming something got junked up.
It is uncomfortable with the bus leaning to one side as my bathroom door always stays half way open and is blocking the aisle.
Any ideas where to start looking for the problem?

I am assumeing the passenger side is acting normal and is sinking to where it should be.  But it is possible, the passenger side is the problem, perhaps it is sagging two low, but i don't think so.

Also, there is a front air leveling valve between the two drive tires that constantly leaks.  Any idea on how to stop that from leaking?

Thanks,
Gary

1967 Eagle with Series 60 Power Plant
Gary@BusConversions.com
lostagain

MC5C

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 04:29:48 PM »

There are two levelling valves at the rear: one for each side, and one at the front. They will leak when they get old. They are not hard nor expensive to replace.

JC

JC
Blackie AB
1977 MC5C, 6V92/HT740
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 04:54:43 PM »

Actually they shouldn't be leaking down at all in a perfect world. The side that is leaking is the culprit and it is one of the rears (in your case the drivers side). It could be a leveling valve or it could be an air beam rotted out. Listen for a leak, get out the soapy water and above all else be careful getting under the bus. If it's a beam they tend to rust out on the top where the tag axle framework is welded to.

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
Hi yo silver

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 05:13:22 PM »

Meanwhile, until you get the valve problem straightened out, you can use a soft rubber ball, tennis ball size or a little bigger, for a doorstop. Works great. Good luck.
Dennis

Blue Ridge Mountains of VA   Hi Yo Silver! MC9 Gone, not forgotten
gus

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 06:06:04 PM »

First thing to check is the leveling valve linkage. The check valve in the leveling valve is supposed to keep the air in the bags and it doesn't take much movement to cause it to operate improperly.

However, it does sound like the low side is leaking from the bag or bag connections.

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
zubzub

'53 4104. Roadworthy but rough around the edges.

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 07:11:31 PM »

Depends on whether it leans to the left or the right.
If it leans to the left it's them damn Obama communists. 
If it's leaning to the right it's cause it's hiding it's head in the sand and blaming illegal aliens and the unions. Smiley
But seriously if I were you I would try detaching the linkage to the leveller  and try messing with it.  Of course don't do this without blocking the suspension or otherwise keeping yourself safe.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: