Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 12:56:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Satellite Receiver Changes ?  (Read 1082 times)
BC Bus

Ignore
« on: September 28, 2006, 07:42:09 PM »

I just renewed my Dish network account after being down about a year.  The new tuner and subscription I got receives from two Sats, 119 & 110, and the portable dish they brought has two receivers mounted on it.  I don't like using the portable but would rather use the crank up dish that is installed on my coach which has one receiver on it.   Has anyone figured out a way to get the two receivers on to the old crank up dish? Do they make kit to convert these crank ups to dual receiver. Huh

GMC Buffalo  &  MC9

Always willing to help a Busnut !
WEC4104

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 09:03:34 PM »

Mounting two "receivers" (actually call LNBs of LNBFs) can be done on most Sat dishes. I am not familiar enough with the portable units to tell you specifically what you need for your particular model, but there is hardware out there to mount two or more LNBs.    Ref: 

http://cgi.ebay.com/BEV-DTV-RV-Satellite-Dish-LNB-Dual-Bracket-Holder-Mount_W0QQitemZ150039267294QQihZ005QQcategoryZ11726QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

WEC4104

If you're going to be dumb, you gotta be tough.
Ross

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 09:55:16 PM »

The LNB adapter above won't work on the Winegard crank up dish.  The LNB mounts differently than the Dish Network dish.  I was working on an an adapter to mount the Dish Network dual LNB assembly on the Winegard dish, but moving got in the way.  On the plus side, all I get on 110 are my local channels, which I don't get anyway because I'm outside my viewing area, so staying on 119 is not that annoying.

Ross
TomCat
It's 4:20 somewhere...

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2006, 11:19:35 AM »

You might check the sizes of the two dishes. If I recall correctly, the 2 LNB dish is a slightly different size/shape, to help focus the beams back out to the LNBs. I have DirecTV and use a 3 LNB dish(101*, 110*, 119*) that is WAY different than a single LNB dish. I also have aiming adjustments in 3 ways, azimuth, elevation, and twist.

Good luck.

Jay
87 SaftLiner

On The High Plains of Colorado
WEC4104

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2006, 01:55:18 PM »

Might be helpful if BC could tell us the specific Brand/Model of the crank up unit he is trying to reuse. Is it a Winegard?

As an RV crank up model that he has had for a few years, I have to believe it is a standard parabolic (round) shape, probably around 18" diameter.  The dish by itself is pretty similar to the basic home Dish Net / DirectTV units that first came out. There are lots of folks who still use these at home, but have added a second LNB. There are folks that have literally tie-wrapped the second LNB to the first one, and have had it work well. (Not recommended for an RV roof).

The wider toroidal shapes are gaining popularity for multiple LNB installations. But with the signal strength of the 110 & 119 sats I don't think it is critical.

WEC4104

If you're going to be dumb, you gotta be tough.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: