Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 01, 2014, 04:56:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Genset mufflers  (Read 876 times)
Zeroclearance

Ignore
« on: June 20, 2011, 08:58:29 PM »

I need to pick you folk's brains...  I'm trying to find the manufacture of my pancake style muffler.  It is mounted under the bus.  The exhaust piping comes straight down from my 4 cylinder Kubota.   1.25" pipe thread.  The muffler does really well with the noise control.   

I just got my new DC genset running,  the Kubota muffler isn't cutting it..

TomC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 10:59:52 PM »

Highly recommend you keep with a Diesel designed muffler. Many will tell you to just use a muffler from say a Toyota or such.  Gasoline mufflers have smaller holes in the baffles that can clog up eventually causing high back pressure.  The best manufacturer that comes to mind is Donaldson mufflers.  You can find mufflers of various sizes and silencing capabilities that are designed for the Diesel engine-mainly the holes in the baffles are bigger that will pass the soot that Diesels put out. Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 04:29:00 AM »

Zero, a longer exhaust pipe and a 90 bend quietens the generator exhaust downs where you only hear the air intake and 2 rubber 90's on the intake stop that  just my way

good luck
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 05:09:49 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
saddleup

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 07:38:34 AM »

What Clifford said, exhaust pipe that Clifford has on our Eagle runs from front bay and dumps out just in front of bogie very quiet.
Matt

Box Elder,S.D.  Battle Mountain,NV

1974 Eagle 05 On the road, to Somewhere
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 07:58:07 AM »

Yup! When I first saw it, I had asked Clifford start it up so's I could hear it, told me it was already running Shocked Shocked. Zero, where is your gen set located? 

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: