Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 08:52:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: URGENT MC 9 part needed in California  (Read 864 times)
BC Bus

Ignore
« on: June 22, 2011, 05:41:15 PM »

Need badly a Condensor motor for Mc 9 Here is my itinerary.  This is a church youth group heading to Disney.

Thursday - Yreka Ca to Oakland
Friday - Oakland to Anaheim
Saturday - Anaheim

Would stop anywhere along the way and pick it up and then I need place in Oakland or La to recharge my A/C system.

Please call Bill 503 789 9311

IDEAS ?

GMC Buffalo  &  MC9

Always willing to help a Busnut !
grantgoold

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 08:31:35 PM »

Call Ted at Coach Maintenance Inc. in Williams, Ca he has an MCI 12 for parts or may have one on hand.

Grant

Sacramento

Grant Goold
1984 MCI 9
Way in Over My Head!
Citrus Heights, California
loosenut
Confidently Ignorant

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 11:05:58 AM »

I don't have any helpful info but maybe the bump will help.  TomC is probably the best contact in LA as he is dialed into the shops around the area.

If you don't find a part or a shop; do you have the time to take the 101 to LA?  The 101 will get you to the cooler temps sooner. 

This time of year the morning temp on the 101 is in the 50's and the 70's on the 5 in the inland valley.  Currently it is 91 in Bakersfield on the 5 and 72 in Paso Robles on the 101.  The driver will cook in the sun regardless of the road however, the 20 degree difference will help the passengers.

Mike

Sold 85 Neoplan 33ft 6V92ta, sadly busless
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 12:40:20 PM »

MCI has a service center in Los Alamitos, CA.  No idea how close that is to Anaheim.  Certainly not the least expensive option, but if you need the repair done in a hurry.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
BC Bus

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 08:52:40 PM »

Got it all taken care of due to a real great Bus Nut, George, used his shop and grit tp get an old pile of rust condenser motor out, more rust buster to get the pulley off.  Had to saw the pulley of and press the old couple off then make new godies to remoun the fan.. George then turned his guages loose on the AC system and we got it cooling great.  We are on the way back to Portland now and the passengers have asked me to turn the a/c down a couple of times. 

Great job to all pf you that helped and especially George who gave up a Saturday to help !

GMC Buffalo  &  MC9

Always willing to help a Busnut !
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: