Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 17, 2014, 08:03:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tire blow out saver  (Read 1238 times)
TomC

Ignore
« on: June 26, 2011, 09:04:13 AM »

This has been discussed before (2008) but I thought it would be worth bringing it up again. I'm going to have them installed on my bus and truck.  Course if you loose your tread, or the tire just plainly blows up, nothing can save you from that.  Go to tyron.com.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Frank @ TX

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 09:46:34 AM »

Is there a link to this info Huh??
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 12:34:47 PM »

Go to tyron.com.  Good Luck, TomC
  Grin Grin

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
Iceni John

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 03:19:03 PM »

Is there a link to this info Huh??

http://www.tyron-usa.com/

It appears to be made for tyres.   Will it also work for tires?   (Just wondering . . .)

John

1990 Crown 2R-40N-552:  6V92TAC, DDEC II, HT740, Jake.      Hecho en Chino.     
Behind the Orange Curtain, SoCal.
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 03:20:56 PM »

Doesn't the majority of all truck tire failures occur because of a loss of the tread or they just plain blow up?

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2011, 09:20:46 PM »

Doesn't the majority of all truck tire failures occur because of a loss of the tread or they just plain blow up?

YUP!
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2011, 08:08:20 PM »

The majority of tires fail by way of air pressure loss, which leads to running hot from excessive flexing, then they come apart, littering the highway and tearing up the underside of the coach as they leave.

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
TedsBUSted

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2011, 08:32:25 PM »

I've lost both, tubeless tires on drop-center rims, and also tube-type on multi-piece rims, without a drop center. I can't say that between the two I recall a significant difference in maintaining control during the flat.

Myself, I guess I'm not convinced that during tire failure the tubeless tire falling into a rim's drop is a significant issue. Even watching the video it doesn't look like the tire bead had any particular tendency to "walk" toward the rim's drop or to the installed band. In fact, I sort of wonder that if a tire is going to leave the wheel, the sooner it can be jettisoned the better the rest of the ride down will be. But, I haven't conducted any scientific studies either.

Ted

Bus polygamist. Always room for another, especially 04 or 06 are welcome. NE from Chicago, across the pond.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: