Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 20, 2014, 05:29:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where did everyone get their furniture?  (Read 1996 times)
MedicNovo

Ignore
« on: September 29, 2006, 01:48:23 PM »

Im getting ready to start looking for furniture for my MC-8.  I would like to use all black leather recliners and sofas.  I will only use my bus for tailgaiting and day trips into wine country.  Do I have to be careful on the size of furniture I buy?  Would only RV furniture work?  Im just not sure on how people get full size sofas into their bus.  Any places to start searching?  Thanks for input.  John

She thinks my tractors sexy!
MCI-8
Cleveland, OH
brojcol
Jimmy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 03:30:27 PM »

You have to take out one of the windshields.  You can get just about anything in then. 

"Ask yourself this question...Are you funky enough to be a globetrotter?  Well are you???  ARE YOU?!?!

deal with it."            Professor Bubblegum Tate
Ednj

Ed & Sue Skiba

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 04:07:06 PM »

I got mine in Elkhart, no need to remove the windshield.
Go and check out the Elkhart rally. Smiley

MCI-9
Sussex county, Delaware.
See my picture's at= http://groups.yahoo.com/group/busshellconverters/
That's Not Oil Dripping under my Bus, It's Sweat from all that Horsepower.
----- This space for rent. -----
Kristinsgrandpa

1988 Neoplan AN 340, 6V-92 TA DDEC II, HT 748 ATEC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2006, 05:40:24 PM »

I don't have much yet but what I do have all matches, it's "early American garage sale"

I plan on a trip to Elkhart.

Ed

I'm very conservative, " I started life with nothing and still have most of it left".
busnut104

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2006, 05:56:13 PM »

I just put a 7 ft. couch in my mc8, I bought a reclining couch because the backs are removable on most recliners. It was a tight fit but not all that bad.
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2006, 07:17:27 PM »

Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus...

Get thee to the Great Lakes Converted Coach Surplus and Salvage Rally.

Details on another thread here at MAK.

Sue and George Myers are hosting a muli-day rally around cruising all the surplus and salvage places in and around Elkhart ID, where a number of the major S & S manufacturers are based. Left overs, over runs and optioned out stuff cheap, cheap, cheap.

And you don't have to belong to anything, just come and meet, fellowship, and hang out with some other busnuts!!!!

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
MedicNovo

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2006, 08:10:29 PM »

Thanks for all the ideas. I like the idea about the windshield but not too sure how to execute it. Being that I from Cleveland, Ohio, the Great Lakes Rallyatr Elkhart sound like a good idea.
John
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 08:12:23 PM by MedicNovo » Logged

She thinks my tractors sexy!
MCI-8
Cleveland, OH
Ace

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2006, 05:53:41 AM »

Here, there and anywhere I could, and only acquired what I thought would fit and look good with everything else I got! So far, I think everyhting looks good together and fits nicely!

Too much and it will start to look cluttered!

Ace
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2006, 08:27:43 AM »

The only furniture I bought was the passenger captains chair and my RV recliner (big enough for this 300lb fat boy) at Camping World.  The 78 x 42 dinette that folds down to a bed, and the sofa that makes into a 80 x 60 bed, I made from scratch and had the cushions custom made and upholstered.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2006, 10:40:25 AM »

Dallas and I went to an auction and I found a FlexSteel futon and chair in almost new condition.  We found that these sell for around $1800 new but being the bargain maven that I am was able to get them for only $10.70 (the .70 being tax)  We love these pieces and they are super comforatable.  Plus, they weren't hard to get into the bus.  We also have a small but full sized fridge that proved to be a bit more difficult but did go in after we took its door off.  Cat

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
Moof

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2006, 11:07:12 AM »

Here are a couple of links you can follow:

http://www.kustomfit.com/rv_furniture.htm

http://www.flexsteel.com/rvmarine/index.do;jsessionid=qd+ySeOiGnm2x1Ye6nNmHw**.app2

Good luck
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2006, 12:15:43 PM »

I bought Flexsteel from Brad and Hall in Elkhart, Indiana.  They were dependable and shipped accurately. 
If you want all black, Flexsteel can supply matching funiture in most colors. 
Flexsteel also has the benefit of disassembly so that it will go thru a bus entry door...or an open pax window.  No need to remove the windshield. 
As an aside, Brad and Hall were not particularly helpful when I needed a sofa cover repaired.  However, Flexsteel was, and the cover was repaired quickly and looked like new for a reasonable cost.  I highly recommend Flexsteel if you want good quality matching RV sized furniture.   
JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2006, 08:27:34 AM »

Dallas and I went to an auction and I found a FlexSteel futon and chair in almost new condition. We found that these sell for around $1800 new but being the bargain maven that I am was able to get them for only $10.70 (the .70 being tax) We love these pieces and they are super comforatable. Plus, they weren't hard to get into the bus. We also have a small but full sized fridge that proved to be a bit more difficult but did go in after we took its door off. Cat

Oh yeah since Cat mentioned it, if ya wanna know about refridgerator installations contact Christy & Larry Hicks! They are now experts and can tell ya how to fit an oversize fridge thru an under size door opening! LOL! BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
tomhamrick

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2006, 10:01:45 AM »

Bought mine from Camping World. They can special order any fabric and guanteed to match any else's advertised price. Also 10% off of that with my President's Club card.

Tom Hamrick
1991 Prevost H3-40 VIP
1981 Eagle 10
Forest City, NC
Larry O

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2006, 11:38:40 AM »

We bought most of our furniture from Northwest RV supply in Eugene Oregon (http://www.nwrvsupply.com/index.htm).  They usually have lots of stock, mostly surplus from Monaco, Safari, Country Coach etc.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: