Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 30, 2014, 09:07:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Time for a new radiator  (Read 605 times)
stevet903

Ignore
« on: June 27, 2011, 08:24:09 AM »

I've put it off long enough - it's time for a new radiator.  The fins on mine are rotting away in places, and now that we have reached hot weather, the temps are shooting up into the high 190's on short climbs that used to be 187.  I'm currently in Colorado Springs and making my way back home to the Boston area over the next month.  The bus is an 89 Prevost XL, with an 8v92.  So - some questions -  Does anyone have any recent experience with any good (or bad!!) radiator shops along the way that they could recommend?  Less expensive is better!!  I can do the work myself, does anyone know of a place where I could stop, get a core delivered, and change it out?  Most campgrounds aren't too happy about something like this...  Or, I could pick the core up along the way and change it when I get home - now that I am over the Rockies, I hope that the biggest of the climbs are over.
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 08:27:46 AM »

Give me a call Might have solution. no $ involved for me. Bob   812 449 8263  Verizon cell.   

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 08:38:46 AM »

If you are going through Dallas let us know I bought a core for a H-45 for less than 900 bucks 2 years ago Prevost was asking 1845.00 for the same core btw they make 2 different cores for 8v92 depending on your tanks if you can upgrade,Prevost also has a fan upgrade for 8v92 but that is over 2 thousand bucks 

good luck
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 08:50:14 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
edroelle

1998 Royale Prevost

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 04:28:39 PM »

I have been very happy with Detroit Radiator, near Chicago.
http://www.dieselradiator.com/

I have bought 2 sets of radiators.   Good quality and price.

Ed Roelle
Flint, MI
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: