Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 28, 2014, 05:18:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: clutch  (Read 840 times)
berrybus

Ignore
« on: September 29, 2006, 06:09:47 PM »

we have a mci 9. we finely got it down of the jack stands after replacing air bags breaks radius rod bushings balljoints shocks and rebuilding steering box. it drove well and the breaks worked good. but i cant hardley get it in gear . reverse is the worst. it gets hung in gear to. it seems to change fair going down the road un less it hangs in gear.i adjusted the clutch in back so it didnt take both feet to push the pettle down .this didnt help the problem .what can i do? thanks jim.

"No man is a bus."
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2006, 08:37:45 AM »

Try pulling up on the clutch pedal to make sure you only have an inch of free play.  Sometimes the pedal will get lodged in a lower position causing it to have less travel that is necessary to fully release the clutch.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: