Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 20, 2014, 05:49:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiser’s website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Replacement radiator for MC-5c with 6V71  (Read 997 times)
Craig R

Ignore
« on: September 30, 2006, 02:34:45 PM »

I have a 1979 MC5C with a DD 6V71 that is said to have originally been part of Greyhound’s Saudi contract. I was recently informed by a technician making repairs to the left radiator that the right radiator was in poor condition and should be replaced. I wish to enquire as to whether anyone might know the whereabouts of such a radiator – or a core in good condition (as I am told the tanks are quite serviceable). I wish also to locate a surge tank – or just the sight glass from one – for this same vehicle.

Thanks in advance!
Craig R
<2reeds@ charter.net>
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 09:36:16 AM »

Take it to any commercial radiator shop.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Craig R

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 09:09:07 PM »

I guess that I can't take it to just any commercial radiator shop, Tom. The technician mentioned in the original post was at a commercial radiator shop! Wink
Craig R 
skihor

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006, 11:53:17 AM »

Denver radiator fixed me up fine. Used the old tanks and made new cores. They didn't do a staggered row, (which I would rather have), but used dimpled tubes and a dirrerent fin design that is supposed to be better. I also had them make me a new surge/expanasion tank and was happy with their work. They used all the external pieces, (mounting tabs, hose fittings, purge nipple, etc...), and made a new tank with the pieces put back on. I think any semi truck/bus/industrial radiator shop could do the same. Of course with the price of copper these days it's a no vasiline situation. (if you know what I mean)
Don & Sheila
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: