Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 22, 2014, 10:32:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Winegard antenna  (Read 832 times)
uncle ned

Ignore
« on: July 01, 2011, 11:30:32 AM »

Any one using the batwing winegard that added the digital addition. 

And is it a great improvement.

uncle ned

4104's forever
6v92 v730
Huggy Bear
john9861

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 11:53:53 AM »

Ned,
   We used ours earlier this year at Myrtle Beach. Worked great. Picked up Columbia, Charleston, Wilmington too. Here at home it will pick up Columbia- 50 miles, Charleston- 50 miles, Savannah, Ga- further yet, Augusta, Ga I think comes in too. Great picture. Makes me not want to hook up the sattelite. Good Luck. Haven't checked if there happens to be a dark ominous haze present... Wink

John Mellis
Bowman, SC
1982 Eagle Model 10 6V92TA Auto
It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years...
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 06:50:19 PM »

We have had ours for about three years and use it more than our in-motion system, go figure! It has always been pretty easy to lock on to signals from several miles away. It does the job for us! Cool

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 08:01:16 PM »

Are you referring to the attachment they call, "The Wingman"?

You don't have to believe everything you think.
blank

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2011, 09:23:43 PM »

Are there any good antennas that flush mount and are omni directional, or is the batwing the best deal???
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2011, 11:28:53 PM »

The bat wing is the real deal.  An omni will work just fine if you have sufficient signal strength.  That is the rub, however, as we cannot rely on that and we are all often in out of the way places and far from town.  The bat wing has "gain" and will provide great viewing from a far greater distance than an omni.  I think HD needs more sig strength as well.

The Winegard isn't very expensive and you NEED the add on kit.  It simply snaps into place.

Mine came with some sort of "pre-amp box" that really boosted the weak signals that were snowy and made them crystal clear.  My recorder got the sig first cause it turned out it had a built in pre-amp and filter that further boosted the signal.

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
Dave Siegel

Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2011, 02:19:18 AM »

Uncle Ned. In an earlier post I talked about how good the "batwing" was. And I am here to sign with the rest of the choir. They are fantastic. We have the high def attachment ( only a few bucks more) and the pre-amp package. The combination is easy to use and and the picture on the screen is clearer than the high def picture we get at home from Direct TV satellite. I am so sorry I tried for all those years with a mobile sat dish when this was the answer all along.

Dave & Jan

Dave & Jan Siegel    1948 GMC  "Silversides"
               Naples, Florida
   Dave is Host to the "Help Assist Pages"
  (Free roadside help for Bus Conversions)
         www.help-assist-list.com
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2011, 03:21:45 AM »

Along with the batwing, we have the Wingman. Not sure if it really helps since we have never used it without it in place. Easy snap on system.

Just don't forget to crank it down when heading out into the wild blue yonder! Wink

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2011, 04:13:32 AM »

We have had our "Batwing" for about 10 years and added the "Wingman" a couple years ago when all the stations went to digital signals.  Overall, we have been very pleased with it. However, we have been places where we had a problem receiving stations since they went to disgital signals.  We are presently parked near the top of a mountain near Mayodan, NC.  By rotating the antenna, we get a great signal from Roankoe, VA stations (approx 80 miles) and some digitizing on Winston-Salem stations (approx 40 miles). Hoboken, GA is another place we have problems getting an adequate signal to prevent digitizing.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: