Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 21, 2014, 08:54:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Way off topic, but.... Random Acts Of Kindness...  (Read 17658 times)
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: September 30, 2006, 07:46:51 PM »

Craig,
How many covers would we be looking at?

I was just muddling around in my head and remembered that there is a guy the does a lot of custom airbrush work on a lot of different types of media, including vinyl. Would that be a viable option?

If so, I may be able to talk him into doing a few probono.

Dallas

I'm not sure. It will depend on the final tally of funds, but I'm hoping to be able to get enough to buy Kale a calculator, plus maybe 4 or 5 for the classroom.

Vinyl might be a viable option. I don't really know what it entails. I was thinking it would be cool if we could present the calculators in their own cases with Kale's design printed on the covers. I don't know if the calculators come with a cover or if it's extra, nor do I know what they would be made of.

Maybe you could run the idea by your friend. Even if he can't do it, he might have some suggestions for us.

craig

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
Dallas

« Reply #121 on: September 30, 2006, 08:01:22 PM »

I may see him sometime this week, and almost certainly next saturday.
I will be happy to run it by him and see where it leads.

Dallas
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #122 on: October 01, 2006, 04:20:38 AM »

Craig,

Can you post a running total of funds collected from us busnuts?   It's fun to be a part of this and see this project grow!

Best Regards, Phil

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: October 01, 2006, 08:27:39 AM »

I plan to update the thread as the funds come in. Probably daily.  I'm going to leave the funds in the paypal account which is convenient to seeing the balance. Paypal has some wierd things going on and I have to wait for my next cc statement to get some number off it and enter it in the site before my account it fully authorized Huh  Plus, I found out that they limit me to receiving only $500 a month unless I "upgrade" my acccount, so there may be a change in the account as the funds grow.

As of this morning, the account is at $212.97. By my thinking, that's at least 3 calculators (I haven't included my contribution yet).

Will keep you all posted...

craig

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: