Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 03:18:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How can I tell if my oil pan gasket is leaking?  (Read 2209 times)
belfert

Ignore
« on: July 03, 2011, 02:32:04 PM »

I have/had two oil leaks on the driver side of my Series 60 engine.  Anyhow, I have oil all along the oil pan gasket and below that on the oil pan.  Is this just oil that has migrated along the gasket from my other leaks, or is this a sign my oil pan gasket is leaking?  My oil pan has at least a 1/8" thick layer of oil and dirt along the entire bottom side.  I do know that my rear main seal leaks, but not enough to spend thousands pulling the engine and repairing it.

My oil leaks are minor enough to not even be noticeable on the dip stick.  I can go 4,000 miles and the oil level seems to be right where it started at.

On another note, do I need to drain and change my oil if I work on the oil cooler on my Series 60?  Should I at least replace the filters?

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
pipopak

I am the 99%

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 04:04:08 PM »

Well, the first step would be to clean up the mess and take a good look. If it's the pan maybe tightening it a little bit will do.

Linux, when Windoze just will not measure up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: