Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 22, 2014, 09:03:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sticky Pedals  (Read 527 times)
Tikvah

Ignore
« on: July 05, 2011, 05:17:31 AM »

My bus has been sitting for months while I work on the conversion.  This weekend we got the aluminum skins on and finally slow the intrusion of rain.

I started the bus for the first time in many months to move it out so I could access all sides easily with scaffolding.  Both my brake and gas pedal stuck.  I could push them down, but had to pull them up with my hand…. Strange way to drive. Smiley

I sprayed both of them with WD-40 at the point where they “hinge” at the floor.  But that didn’t help.
Any suggestions how and where to lubricate?

Dave

I couldn't repair my brakes, so I made my horn louder.
1989 MCI-102 A3
DD 6V92 Turbo, Alison
Tons of stuff to learn!
Started in Cheboygan, Michigan (near the Mackinaw Bridge).  Now home is anywhere we park
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 05:23:28 AM »

try PB Blaster  and go in front /side compartment for brake and you will see where it activates spray there also. Do this with your wd-40 first.  The PB blaster works better and lubes on stuck things better.   Bob ----- Noticed from pictures your air brake valve bolts direct to bottom of your brake pedal assembly thru floor.  has rubber boot probably torn  make sure lube gets through into mech inside to free up. If this don't do it you will have to disassemble and clean surfaces of corrosion.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 12:25:23 PM by robertglines1 » Logged

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 08:03:33 AM »

You can squirt anything you want on them and it might work for a while.  The only real solution is to take it all apart, clean it up and grease it properly.

IIRC, my 4104 actually had a grease fitting on the brake/throttle hinge.

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: