Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 07:40:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What antifreeze to use for and 8V92 ??  (Read 1348 times)
scanzel

Ignore
« on: July 05, 2011, 06:03:14 PM »

What antifreeze should I be using for the DD 8V92 and how about the test strips. Does DD carry these ? Thanks.

Steve Canzellarini
Berlin, CT
1989 Prevost XL
busnut104

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 07:44:06 PM »

What I used was Texaco that I got from the local Freightliner dealer. It was for Diesel eng. but I think any good antifreeze will work as long as you use the test strips and use the additives if need witch you can get at your local truck dealer. I think you have to keep the ph levels right to keep it from cavitation - air bubbles next to the cylinder liners. since the 92 is a wet sleeve engine. I'm sure if I'm wrong some one will let us know.   
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 08:07:11 PM »

Your local DD dealer will have all the test strips and they have the best price on the correct antifreeze 90% of the time

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
Gary '79 5C

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 12:07:58 AM »

I was quite surprised that the container of test strips which a local DD dealer had were date stamped, hence had a shelf life. I would have never used 10% before the expiration. I got a few to test from the shop.

Any one else run into this ? ?

Experience is something you get Just after you needed it....
Ocean City, NJ
edroelle

1998 Royale Prevost

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 06:19:01 AM »

An option to DD antifreeze.   The Final Charge was much less expensive.   It is approved for DD.

http://www.fleetchargeantifreeze.com/finalcharge.htm

Ed Roelle
Flint, MI
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 07:43:04 AM »

Detroit has a list of approved coolants on their web site, but not sure if it applies to 2 strokes or not.  I will be using the Zyrex Extended Life coolant in my Series 60 when I flush and refill it after my repairs.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2011, 07:58:03 AM »

I buy the Power Cool from DD from Williams for 12 bucks a gal for years I bought the heavy duty green but now it is not sold by DD any longer,do your homework lot's of brands that will work for you just be careful some brands are not rechargeable like the Power Cool   

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2011, 05:13:42 PM »

I'm with Clifford on this I just bought a 55 gal drum of DD's generic version of Power Cool for  $9.09/gal $500 for a 55 drum no drum deposit either. (It's got all the good stuff in it and is approved by DD and I purchased it from a DD Dealer.)
Grin  BK  Grin

They sell it by the gallon or case(s) of gallons too!

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: