Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 30, 2014, 04:09:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: update on my engine project  (Read 386 times)
bevans6

1980 MCI MC-5C

Ignore
« on: July 07, 2011, 07:45:34 AM »

I also posted this on the other board, but wanted to share with all my friends...   Wink

I'm about 6 months into my engine project, which is about 2 months longer than I thought it would take, but i am passing a major milestone. I am now finally at the stage of fabricating the intake and exhaust system, which is really the last step before being able to install it and get it running!

I bought a new/old stock factory rebuild industrial 8V71T to repower my MC-5C. The project consisted of stripping the engine to the block front and rear, and rebuilding with all the MCI bus accessories and covers, changing the flywheel housing, flywheel, rebuilding the clutch, new compressor, adding the jake brakes to the heads. Now I am modifying the blower housing and fabricating the exhaust to hang the turbo on the drivers side of the engine. I placed my order for the tube bends, vee-band clamps etc, on Tuesday so if Fedex cooperates I may be welding this weekend! I'll post pictures when I get that far...

Cheers, Brian

1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Spicer 8844 4 speed Zen meditation device
Vintage race cars -
1978 Lola T440 Formula Ford
1972 NTM MK-4 B/SR
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: