Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
January 16, 2018, 07:32:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trip to C&J Bus Repair  (Read 2777 times)
chuckd

Ignore
« on: July 07, 2011, 06:24:24 PM »

Took my Bus into C&J for it's annual put her up on a rack and see what we can see, as well as change all the fluids, filters, and grease anything with a zerk on it.

So they replaced the air cylinder on the fast idle, which stopped the idle from running away.
Replaced a fuel line that returned fuel, which had a leak, that looked to me like oil on the ground, but it was fuel mixed with gunk.
Repaired hole in roof from "some one" driving into a low clearance area and breaking off antennae.
3 Clearance lights replaced.

Good to go - but I am going to sneak this in here so Clifford won't see it - my new to me 8k gen set will not, repeat not start two cruise airs.  He was correct - again.  So going to get the bus air fixed, it is for driver only, so it is an automobile type ac unit.

Only put 9000 miles on my bus last year, hope to do better this year, have a family situation that keeps me pretty close to home these days.

Chuckd
oldmansax

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 06:42:26 PM »

Good to go - but I am going to sneak this in here so Clifford won't see it - my new to me 8k gen set will not, repeat not start two cruise airs.  He was correct - again. 
Chuckd

What kind of  generator is it? I am installing my new to me Westerbeke diesel 8 KW in my Wanderlodge & it will start & run THREE Cruise Airs.  It won't START all three at the same time but they all start and run fine. I tried it before I started working on the install. I didn't want to do all that work & it not do what I want.

TOM
chuckd

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 04:12:19 AM »

Tom: Powertech with Kubota engine.

I think I should be able to get two on at least.  I turn on one, let it operate for a while, then dial back the thermostat and and blower and turn on the second.  I have the thermostat on warm, as soon as I start to move the stat to cool it shuts down.  All 3 work fine on 50 amp.  Going to put in a call to the guy who did the install and see what his thoughts are.  Will start another thread.

Chuckd
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 05:20:51 AM »

Chuck install easy starts on the units then it will start 2 without problems but it won't run 3 in 100+ degree temps for long without shutting down I'll stick with that lol hope you get it worked out dash air is the way too go they will put out more BTU's than 2 roof airs or the Cruiseairs wise move there buddy.
As far as Tom's Westerbeke 8KW they really don't make a true 8kw those are 10kw same engine same head I had one of their 12kw it was 15kw they just re tag and sell so don't worry about his 8kw running 3 and yours not 

good luck
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 05:39:33 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
rcbeam

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 05:54:06 PM »

Chuckd:  I am curious about your issues with your high idle.  My high idle has never worked right.  Sometimes it would kick on and other times it would not.... most of the time now it kicks on ok, but the idle goes way up... not like floored, but really high.  My engine is really clean, but the high idle air cylinder at the buffer port is really oily.  Is this the air cylinder that you had replaced?  I wondered if mine was just adjusted wrong, but I can't find any good info on adjusting it and so didn't screw with it.

Maybe I just need a new air cylinder too. 

I also would be interested in what you install to do the drivers a/c.  My drivers fans and cores are still there, but nothing else.  Would love to add engine a/c to the drivers coil.

Russell
1976 MC8
Lexington KY
www.sweeteveningbreeze.blogspot.com
Beatenbo

1993 MCI 102 C3 Cat Power

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2011, 06:04:57 PM »

I have a friend with a Power Tech 8KW and he says it constantly overheats if tries to run 2 ACs. Says he never wants another PT. and it's properly vented.
Mex-Busnut

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2011, 09:28:55 PM »

Excuse the ignorance:

What is an "Easy Start"? Can you post a picture?

Thanks in advance!

Dr. Steve, San Juan del Río, Querétaro, Mexico, North America, Planet Earth, Milky Way.
1981 Dina Olímpico (Flxible Flxliner clone), 6V92TA Detroit Diesel
Rockwell model RM135A 9-speed manual tranny.
Jake brakes
100 miles North West of Mexico City, Mexico. 6,800 feet altitude.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2011, 09:42:45 PM »

Sorry Easy Start is a brand I buy they are hard start kits

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
ArtGill

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2011, 06:11:19 AM »

I think a hard start kit is a capacitor and relay that you can easily install with slide on connectors that go on the run capacitor.

Art

Art & Cheryll Gill
Morehead City, NC
1989 Eagle Model 20 NJT, 6v92ta
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: