Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 31, 2014, 02:35:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wow Fired first mini-split  (Read 4295 times)
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« on: July 09, 2011, 07:57:11 PM »

Started first mini-split in 45xle today. very impressive. With the help of Mci8-tintent. The 12,000btu unit dropped the coach from 95 to low 70's in less than 90 minutes. I have two more units 9,000 btu each to use as zone support. I have had them for some time but have not had time to do final pump down and fire up until today. Pleasant surprise and reinforcement of decision I made to go this course.  The way they start and ramp up to speed is a little differant.  Thanks to all who helped with personal experience and info.

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
buddydawg

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 08:06:33 PM »

I was doing some work on the bus today and fired up the mini splits.  I though about how nice and quiet they were and how no condensattion had to. Run down from the roof.  It was hot and humid today but a nice 70 degrees on board.

1972 GMC T6H-5308A #024

Brandon Stewart - Martinez, GA
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 08:09:26 PM »

I'm going to sneek a pillow up to coach just in case I need nap Roll Eyes

Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 08:19:41 PM »

I'm going to sneek a pillow up to coach just in case I need nap Roll Eyes

At least I'll know where to find ya if I sneek by next weekend! (I'm supposed to help Shawn out with at least 1 bus the 16th maybe more!)
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2011, 08:24:47 PM »

Mci8 tin tent Duwayne ask how you were today  I told him  Wild as usual! Grin Needed Ac Judy doing tile work in shower and counters. 

Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2011, 08:34:26 PM »

Cool! Well I am gonna try and be the driver that comes up Friday night and hauls a semi-pro football team for Shawn to O'Fallon on Saturday and maybe come by Sunday about 11-1 before deadheading to S. MS for a Monday AM rte back to Batesville, MS Job Corp.

SO if nothing changes I may be by.

Of course I was supposed to be leaving for PCB, FL in the AM for a week too, but dad talked me into letting another driver do it so I could be around here "just in case" since he and mom are off for an 8 day tour with a youth group they've been carrying for 7 yrs now called the CIA ~ Christians In Action. They travel to different towns and put on musical performances @ churches, hospitals, nursing homes etc in exchange for meals or boarding. (it's a pretty cool deal I think and mom & dad enjoy taking them every year!)
Grin  BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2011, 06:49:59 AM »

Semi pro football team? Would that be Ohio State?  Wink

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2011, 07:13:15 AM »

Semi pro football team? Would that be Ohio State?  Wink

Naw they just a bunch of Buckeyes! And although I will for enough $, I usually don't haul useless nuts! Wink
Grin  BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2011, 07:26:28 AM »

Bob, where did you install the evaporators my friend bought 2 Sanyo's and they are telling him he cannnot install those in the cabinet work and he doesn't want the evaporators on the wall's ( got any photos)

good luck 

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
muldoonman
1991 Prevost 8V92TA

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2011, 08:13:00 AM »

Bob, where did you mount these? In bays? My 01 Prevost has the Cruiseairs (3) under drivers feet behind bumper. If they wont take a charge, I might have to go after other options.

Thanks,
Glen
Jackling54

1954' crown supercoach

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2011, 09:11:39 AM »

I am just finishing my wiring up on my bus and also went with mini splits.I'm going to use the art cool " mirror looking ones as a conversation piece. 35' footer with 18,000 btu and lots of insulation.

Its been awhile Robert but thanks for all the help in the planing stages.Glad to here ur on the home stretch. Grin

"I'd rather people hate me for who I am than love me for who I am not" - Kurt Cobain
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2011, 11:28:01 AM »

I put one in cabinet above driver. front cabinet across bus.. They must have air intake and room for outlet- they are basic cabinet themselves. The other mid ship will disguised as part of cabinet. and other same in bedroom. Mounted about 60 inches off floor. Duwayne( Mci8 tintent) has had his built in for four or 5 years. Pictures soon. One of the 9,000 is maintaining today in the 90's at 70 degrees inside.           After thought they are probably concerned about condensation about installing in cabinet. I'm building cabinets around mine. with units being lowest point
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 06:33:01 PM by robertglines1 » Logged

FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2011, 11:34:21 AM »

Bob,

Way to go........Glad to hear about your successes...

"If you don't lead every now and then, the views always the same"     Grin   Wink

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
Mex-Busnut

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2011, 12:43:30 PM »

I would also LOVE to see some pictures of both the install in the cargo bay or wherever, and the inside part.

Thanks in advance!

Dr. Steve, San Juan del Río, Querétaro, Mexico, North America, Planet Earth, Milky Way.
1981 Dina Olímpico (Flxible Flxliner clone), 6V92TA Detroit Diesel
Rockwell model RM135A 9-speed manual tranny.
Jake brakes
100 miles North West of Mexico City, Mexico. 6,800 feet altitude.
babell2

Brice

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2011, 01:29:41 PM »

Robert as they say "inquiring mines want to know".  All of us in the design stage want to know how to make these systems work and look good.

Brice

1980 MCI-9 "The Last Resort" Located just south of Atlanta GA.
Just starting conversion. A long way to go!
The other Brice
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: