Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 21, 2014, 05:05:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wow Fired first mini-split  (Read 4511 times)
Kenny

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2011, 05:18:01 AM »

Good to hear that there appears to be sucess in using Mimi-splits.
What brand of unit have each of you been using?
Are any of them heat pumps that would provide both heating and cooling?
Nick, looks as if you've been installing a lot of residential units. If you were to do and install in a bus, what unit would you use? Would it be a heat pump?
Looking forward to some feedback.
Kenny

1941 and 1945 Flxible - South Lyon, Michigan
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2011, 05:35:42 AM »

Hate to say but I went for the deal $ bought all three of mine in a package delivered for 1450.  2ea 9,000 and a 12,000 heat and cool. Soleus Brand. After talking to others there is just not enough difference in occasional use in my case to make a difference. Just selected the features I wanted and went from there.  bought direct from distrib.  Talked to many members and professional installers and their main concern if any was condensate spillage and 2 suggested mount a little off level and make sure bus is level when parked. really only concern expressed.   Bob     minnisplits@evergreenproducts.com
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 06:01:12 AM by robertglines1 » Logged

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
buddydawg

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2011, 05:46:33 AM »

Mine are both heat pumps.  One Sanyo 12K BTU with an inverter compressor (variable speed compressor, no power spike when coming on).  The other is a Kilimaire 12K BTU, half the price of the Sanyo. (I kind of wish I'd gotten another Sanyo)  Both work just fine.  As far as the condensate issue I used both drains (one at each end of the tray) and have had no issue.

1972 GMC T6H-5308A #024

Brandon Stewart - Martinez, GA
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: