Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 26, 2014, 12:09:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Route thru White Sands,NM Good? Bad? Other?  (Read 833 times)
D+C4106

Ignore
« on: October 02, 2006, 06:03:55 AM »

Hey all,   We will be going to the desert by way of Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta,  On the way back I would like to take Rt 70 from Las Cruces to Almagordo to Clovis,   Rt 60 to Amarillo.  I have not been this way since I was a kid.  Is this a bad road for the bus and toad?  Hills ? Tight winding mountain ?  Thanks all for your input.  Denis
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 06:15:30 AM »

It's been about 15 years since I was there, and it wasn't in the bus, but if I recall correctly, the road between Alamagordo and Las Cruces was a great road. A lot of the people who work at White Sands live in Las Cruces and commute daily.

Based on what I recall, I would not be concerned about taking my bus and toad on that part of the road.

Can't offer any info on the rest of your route as I've never been there.

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 10:19:37 AM »

I was on that stretch in my pickup about 3 months ago going from Roswell to intercept I-10 and I agree with Gumpy, it is a very good road.  It is in the mountains so there are climbs and descents but not too serious.  There are no tight turns or narrow stretches and the road was in great shape.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 10:28:01 AM »

I used to truck back and forth up and down that route quite abit. It's a great rd, well maintained and nothing you cain't handle! BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
D+C4106

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 07:43:58 PM »

Thanks for your responses,  if all goes well we are off tomorrow.    Denis
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: