Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 04:02:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Calculator$ for Kale: a Random Act of Kindness  (Read 6874 times)
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2006, 06:37:11 PM »

Well done Craig!   Didja notice that the principle used  "Christmas" to describe the upcoming Christmas holidays?   That's pretty rare these confused days.  There may  be hope for some school systems! 
Thanks for the work you put into this project!  JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2006, 07:21:53 PM »

Craig, I wanted to add my thanks to you for bringing Kale and his school to our attention.  It is so wonderful to see a student that really tries.  I work in a job where I interview people over the phone (they call us, we don't call you) and I am constantly amazed at the calliber of kids going into our work force.  I had a boy that tried to convice me he was born in 1998 and when I repeatedly told him he could not have been, he then tried to convince me he was born in 1898.  Then there was the female that lives in Baltimore Maryland  but has never lived in the state of Maryland.  DUH!!  When I compare these people (no they aren't people with learning disabilities) with Kale and his desire to make something of himself and also to help his school in the process I want to cheer them on in every way possible.  I am hoping that by what our bus family was able to do, we can encourage every child in that school to try even harder.  They will see that even though Kale didn't win the big prize, he did something even better.  He became a successful looser, which, is in its own way, becoming a winner.  By our recognizing Kale, we are showing the entire school that there are people out there that care about them and that they can succeed at whatever they do.  Thanks again for all the effort you put into this project of love.  Times like this make me really, really proud to be a part of the busnut family.  Cat

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2006, 09:27:15 AM »

Just received this from the principal at LSRV.

-------------

Craig,

Just a short note to let you know that we had an assembly to recognize Kale and present the calculator to him.  The entire student body and his parents were present while I read what you had written ( a very nice message I might add).  The students gave him a standing ovation and the younger students gave him “high fives” on the way out of the gym.  Kale is generally very shy but that day he was beaming; very grateful to the anonymous donor.  On behave of LSRVS,  I too, want to thank you and the Busnuts for your generosity.  We will make good use of the calculators.

Rick Newton 

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
Buffalo SpaceShip

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2006, 09:38:29 AM »

Awesome, Craig!  Smiley That made my day.

Thanks to Craig especially, and to everyone else here that helped make Kale's day (and week, month, year...). There's no doubt that we have impacted lives... with this Random Act of Kindness.
Brian B.

Brian Brown
4108-216 w/ V730
Longmont, CO
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: December 21, 2006, 04:56:44 AM »

Amen,  Brian.

Bob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2007, 09:49:56 AM »

Just a final update on this project. Here's a link to the Town of Baggs website with some school news on it. There's a photo towards the bottom of the page showing Kale receiving his calculator from the Principal.

http://www.townofbaggs.com/id80.htm

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
Dallas

« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2007, 10:10:07 AM »

Craig,
That was pretty cool!

I'm glad we could be a part of the effort.

Cry (I'lm glad to see I'l not the only one that teared up!) Cry

Dallas

NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2007, 06:20:47 PM »

That's a happy ending!   Cheesy   JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: